Homicide: Prince George, B.C.
Seven murders gave the city top spot in 2010, well above the national rate. Prince George, B.C., consistently has a high homicide rate: in 2009, its rate was 121 per cent above the national rate, exactly where it was in 2000. On the bright side, for whatever reason -- vigilant policing, circumstance, and maybe some luck -- at this time the city hasn't recorded a single murder in 2011.
Related videos from MSN:
- Man charged in four murders in Prince George, B.C.
- Prince George, B.C. mayor reacts to being named Canada's most dangerous city
More stories from Maclean's:
- Canada's most dangerous cities, the complete list
- Interactive map: Enter your postal code to see how safe your neighbourhood is
- Canada's most dangerous city: Prince George, B.C.
- Canada's most dangerous cities: Vancouver's crackdown on crime is paying off
- Canada's most dangerous cities: the good news
State authorities in Kyrgyzstan are trying to fight practices of bride kidnapping in the country. Two victims of bride kidnapping spoke to the BBC.
Date 52 mins ago, Duration 2:48, Views 0
Date 18 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76Video by:Description: Former professional boxer and long-time advocate for the wrongly convicted died Sunday in TorontoRating: 3.69Views: 19183
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3.1Views: 9974