Homicide: Prince George, B.C.
Seven murders gave the city top spot in 2010, well above the national rate. Prince George, B.C., consistently has a high homicide rate: in 2009, its rate was 121 per cent above the national rate, exactly where it was in 2000. On the bright side, for whatever reason -- vigilant policing, circumstance, and maybe some luck -- at this time the city hasn't recorded a single murder in 2011.
Related videos from MSN:
- Man charged in four murders in Prince George, B.C.
- Prince George, B.C. mayor reacts to being named Canada's most dangerous city
More stories from Maclean's:
- Canada's most dangerous cities, the complete list
- Interactive map: Enter your postal code to see how safe your neighbourhood is
- Canada's most dangerous city: Prince George, B.C.
- Canada's most dangerous cities: Vancouver's crackdown on crime is paying off
- Canada's most dangerous cities: the good news
CGA Vice President discusses why Canadians live paycheque to paycheque
Date 13-05-23, Duration 4:24, Views 535
Video by: CBC - Business
Date 13-05-22 0:18
Tooltip Information:London attack (Graphic content)Video by:Description: A man with bloodied hands and holding a cleaver speaks to a video camera near a London military barracks where one person was killed.Rating: 2.48Views: 59891
Date 13-05-25 1:55
Tooltip Information:Violent attack in Huntington HillsVideo by:Description: Details have yet to emerge about a violent altercation in N.E. Calgary that killed one person and sent another to hospital.Rating: 1Views: 12325