Homicide: Prince George, B.C.
Seven murders gave the city top spot in 2010, well above the national rate. Prince George, B.C., consistently has a high homicide rate: in 2009, its rate was 121 per cent above the national rate, exactly where it was in 2000. On the bright side, for whatever reason -- vigilant policing, circumstance, and maybe some luck -- at this time the city hasn't recorded a single murder in 2011.
Related videos from MSN:
- Man charged in four murders in Prince George, B.C.
- Prince George, B.C. mayor reacts to being named Canada's most dangerous city
More stories from Maclean's:
- Canada's most dangerous cities, the complete list
- Interactive map: Enter your postal code to see how safe your neighbourhood is
- Canada's most dangerous city: Prince George, B.C.
- Canada's most dangerous cities: Vancouver's crackdown on crime is paying off
- Canada's most dangerous cities: the good news
Search teams recovered 13th body on Saturday, but 3 Sherpa guides are still missing in the deadliest disaster to ever happen on the mountain
Date 58 mins ago, Duration 2:24, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 2 hrs ago 3:13
Tooltip Information:Ferry captain tries to explain tragedyVideo by:Description: Lee Joon-seok says he couldn't give order to evacuate ship because he feared people would have been swept out to sea; divers still searching for up to 270 missing peopleRating: 4Views: 0
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3.2Views: 3096