Corrections officer charged with prison drug trafficking
A correctional officer is facing charges after allegedly trafficking in marijuana and methamphetamine at a prison in Agassiz, B.C.
RCMP with the Upper Fraser Valley Regional Detachment said that Paul Fleming, 42, was allegedly caught with the drugs inside Kent Institution at around 6 a.m. PT on Boxing Day.
Const. Tracy Wolbeck said he was arrested and subsequently charged with two counts of trafficking a controlled substance.
"The RCMP and Correctional Service Canada (CSC) have been working together throughout this investigation," Wolbeck said in a written statement.
"This partnership led to an arrest without incident and the two agencies will continue to work together as this case moves through the court system."
Fleming has been released from custody on several conditions and is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 29.
- Canada plans legislation to end pay-to-pay billing fees
- Asteroid smash-up captured by NASA telescope
- Ebola outbreak: ZMapp protects sick monkeys
- Is it time for higher speed limits on Canada's highways?
- B.C. teachers' strike: When could classes start?
- Sunwing Flight 656: Why passengers are unlikely to win damages due to unruly fliers
- Is mapping the North Pole seabed worth the time and money?
- David Cameron, British PM, plans new laws to tackle terrorism threat
- Iraq to receive $2.75M in Canadian aid as military supplies arrive
- Premiers agree to move forward with a national energy strategy
One man is dead and a teenage girl is in critical condition after separate overnight accidents Saturday.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 2:52, Views 26
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-08-29 1:59
Tooltip Information:Topless toddler at swimming pool ends in scuffleVideo by:Description: Mother of 3-year-old girl says she was tripped by a lifeguard; complaints filed by and against mother.Rating: 3.2Views: 65230
Date 14-08-29 4:26
Tooltip Information:Calgary brothers fight for ISISVideo by:Description: Two more Canadians are on the list of foreign fighters with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, CBC's Adrienne Arsenault reportsRating: 3.28Views: 25445
Date 3 hrs ago 1:53
Tooltip Information:Teacher fired for giving zeros wins appealVideo by:Description: Appeal board rules Lynden Dorval was treated unfairly when he was suspended and fired for giving zeros to his studentsRating: 4Views: 0
Date 4 hrs ago 2:27
Tooltip Information:Gold rush on UK beachVideo by:Description: Treasure hunters are flocking to a beach in Britain to search for 30 bars of 24 karat gold buried under the sand as part of an art projectRating: 4Views: 157