Injured B.C. snowmobiler rescued
Members of Revelstoke Search and Rescue have rescued an injured snowmobiler on a mountain in eastern B.C.
The report of a man in trouble came in just before 2 p.m. PT on Sale Mountain near the Crazy Creek Resort, half way between Sicamous and Revelstoke, said team member Wally Mohn.
“There was a snowmobiler injured. Two of our members were dispatched with Selkirk helicopter,” Mohn said. “The subject was given to BC Ambulance for transportation to the hospital.”
Avalanche conditions are considered dangerous in much of the province this weekend, but it's not yet clear if the snowmobiler incident is related to an avalanche.
- B.C. teachers' strike: parents scramble for daycare spaces
- Eugenie Bouchard succumbs to Makarova, heat at U.S. Open
- Jennifer Lawrence among celebrity victims in leak of nude photos
- Iraq PM pledges to root out ISIS militants
- Tomasz Gladkowski, 39, dies trying to rescue drowning son from Lake Huron
- Devin Scullion defies odds at 18 with aging disease progeria
- Collège de Saint-Ambroise in Jonquière bans homework for a year
- Finance Canada now sees middle-class families in rosy hue
- Gabriel Dion and Saint-Sulpice bar owner make amends
- Ukraine crisis: Separatists soften stance on independence
B.C. Teachers' Federation president's one-on-one interview with CBC's Andrew Chang the eve before school is supposed to start
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 5:03, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-08-29 1:59
Tooltip Information:Topless toddler at swimming pool ends in scuffleVideo by:Description: Mother of 3-year-old girl says she was tripped by a lifeguard; complaints filed by and against mother.Rating: 3.18Views: 102076
Date 3 hrs ago 2:07
Tooltip Information:B.C. teachers' strike: kids won't be in class Sept. 2Video by:Description: An ongoing labour dispute between British Columbia and its teachers remains unresolvedRating: 4Views: 116
Date 3 hrs ago 4:10
Tooltip Information:Ukraine's growing turmoilVideo by:Description: NATO says it needs to create a rapid reaction force to respond to Russian aggression against any of its members, as well as UkraineRating: 5Views: 111