Kevin Reynolds figure skates his way to the Olympics
He is the only skater to land five quadruple jumps in a competition. CBC
The first only figure skater to land five quadruple jumps in one competition is hoping to win Canada gold at the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia.
Kevin Reynolds, 23, from North Vancouver, B.C., will be competing in the new Olympic team figure skating event before the opening ceremonies even begin. He will also skate in the men's figure skating competition, an opportunity he missed at the 2010 Games in Vancouver.
"It's been a long four years, but now the moment's finally come," says Reynolds.
Click the video above to see why Reynolds is on CBC's "Ten To Watch" at this year's Games.
- Kate, Wills add royal flair to Commonwealth Games
- 1978 gold medallist hopes Games return to Canada
- Brittany Schussler retires from speed skating
- Freestyle ski team moves on without Bilodeau
- IOC unconcerned by Pyeongchang building schedule
- Canada fielding its A team in Glasgow
- Kirilenko ends engagement to NHL star Ovechkin
- 4 suspended for rigging Vanessa-Mae results
- Musician-turned-skier Vanessa-Mae caught up in race-fixing scandal
- With Lviv out, 3 cities left in race for '22 Games
Haiti celebrates the Carnival of Flowers in an explosion of dance, music, costumes and colour. Duration: 00:37
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 0:36, Views 203
Video by: AFP
Date 3 hrs ago 5:04
Tooltip Information:Damian Warner shatters men's decathlon 100m recordVideo by:Description: The Canadian impresses with a record time in Glasgow.Rating: 4Views: 232
Date 5 hrs ago 4:04
Tooltip Information:Team South Africa defeat powerhouse All Blacks for rugby goldVideo by:Description: Four-time Commonwealth Games champions settle for silver.Rating: 4Views: 184