Killer bear likely dead in Surrey
A B.C. conservation officer says a problem black bear shot by a farmer after it attacked a llama and killed a goat in Surrey last week is likely dead.
- Read more about the hunt for the bear
Conservation officer Jack Trudgian says the amount of blood at the scene indicates the bear suffered a serious wound.
Jim Clark, the farmer who shot the bear, says he hit the bear in the shoulder with a .22 calibre rifle.
The small calibre rifle wouldn't normally inflict a serious injury to such a large bear, but Trudgian believes the bullet may have hit an artery.
There have been a number of bear sightings in the area, near Surrey's Tynehead Park, in recent days. But Trudgian says residents have all described seeing a smaller younger bear.
Conservation officers have set up a trap in the park, and Trudgian says they are monitoring the situation.
A smaller bear was trapped in the park on Tuesday and relocated.
- Sunwing Flight 656: Disruptive passengers force return to Pearson Airport
- Little Bay Islands in limbo as residents await word on relocation funds
- Peter MacKay poses in pro-gun 'No Compromise' T-shirt
- Ailina Tsarnaeva, sister of Boston bombing suspect, arrested for bomb threat
- Husband dies, wife survives 8 days after canoe capsizes in northern Sask.
- Arizona shooting range reviews policy after 9-year-old kills gun instructor
- Moncton RCMP Const. Dave Ross's dog Danny prepares to head back to work
- Veterans groups say Ottawa spending too much remembering old wars
- B.C. teachers' strike: Vince Ready to meet with Jim Iker and Peter Cameron, says BCTF
- Zara pulls kids' shirt design resembling WW II concentration camp uniforms
Blue Jays beat Red Sox to avoid sweep.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:43, Views 14
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-08-24 3:24
Tooltip Information:Earthquake hits Napa ValleyVideo by:Description: Thousands are left without power after a magnitude 6 earthquake, the strongest to his the region since 1989Rating: 3.14Views: 118708
Date 17 hrs ago 0:30
Tooltip Information:Arizona gun instructor gives fatal Uzi lessonVideo by:Description: Images of the lesson stop just before 9-year-old accidentally shoots himRating: 1Views: 18781