Killer bear likely dead in Surrey
A B.C. conservation officer says a problem black bear shot by a farmer after it attacked a llama and killed a goat in Surrey last week is likely dead.
- Read more about the hunt for the bear
Conservation officer Jack Trudgian says the amount of blood at the scene indicates the bear suffered a serious wound.
Jim Clark, the farmer who shot the bear, says he hit the bear in the shoulder with a .22 calibre rifle.
The small calibre rifle wouldn't normally inflict a serious injury to such a large bear, but Trudgian believes the bullet may have hit an artery.
There have been a number of bear sightings in the area, near Surrey's Tynehead Park, in recent days. But Trudgian says residents have all described seeing a smaller younger bear.
Conservation officers have set up a trap in the park, and Trudgian says they are monitoring the situation.
A smaller bear was trapped in the park on Tuesday and relocated.
- Lee Joon-seok, South Korea ferry captain, faces 5 charges
- Calgary stabbings: Funerals for 3 of 5 victims set for Monday
- Air Canada investigating luggage toss caught on video
- Kevin Martin retires from curling
- Mount Everest avalanche: Search continues for buried Nepalese guides
- Amanda Todd case: Dutch suspect may have targeted other Canadian children
- Ukraine crisis: Pro-Russia militants shrug off Geneva deal
- N.B. officials warn of more flooding due to 35-km-long ice mass
- Anti-Semitic flyers rattle eastern Ukraine's Jewish community: Derek Stoffel
- Share a juicer, your dog or a room in your home? How the sharing economy took off
Ducks 'gamer' Getzlaf nets 2 points to sink Stars.
Date 4 hrs ago, Duration 1:20, Views 35
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-04-17 1:25
Tooltip Information:McDonald's foreign workers call it 'slavery'Video by:Description: Belizian temporary workers docked more pay for rent in corporate apartment than the cost incurred by McDonald'sRating: 3.68Views: 28049
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 5Views: 585