Vancouver police seek witnesses in shoving death of 80-year-old
Vancouver police say they believe there were witnesses to Friday's confrontation in East Vancouver that left an 80-year-old man dead.
Yee Wong was allegedly pushed to the ground by a stranger just after 7 a.m. PT near New Brighton Park on McGill Street near Windermere Street.
Wong was conscious and suffering from a head injury when paramedics arrived on the scene, but his condition quickly deteriorated and he was pronounced dead in hospital.
Police arrested a 45-year-old man, who remains in custody. The two men didn't know each other, and investigators are now trying to clarify what led to the dispute.
Police say one of the witnesses was possibly an off-duty firefighter.
”It is important that detectives speak to these witnesses to get an accurate account of what happened to the victim," said VPD spokesman, Sgt. Randy Fincham.
- Nelson Mandela dead at 95
- Nelson Mandela: World leaders pay tribute
- RCMP head Bob Paulson supports DNA collection on arrest
- Tim Hortons boss accused of cheating Filipino workers for OT
- Rob Ford scandal: Why haven't charges been laid?
- Mission Asteroid explores future impact of space rocks
- Nigella Lawson: I won't be 'bullied by lies' on drug use
- Rob Ford documents: 8 revelations from wiretap evidence
- U.K. soldier Lee Rigby's accused killer describes attack
- Mike Duffy audit: PMO interference breach of privilege, say Liberals
People leave flowers and candles outside the South African Embassy in Washington D.C., following the death of Nelson Mandela.
Date 32 mins ago, Duration 1:24, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 13-12-04 18:37
Tooltip Information:Generation ScrewedVideo by:Description: The Bottom Line panel looks at the economic future of a generation that can't catch a break. Are they really "Generation Screwed?"Rating: 3.88Views: 25529