Calgary police search for high school stabbing suspect
Police are searching for a suspect in the stabbing of a male student at Dr. E.P. Scarlett High School in Calgary's southwest.
The school went into lockdown Friday around noon as a precaution after the student was stabbed in the stomach just off of school property. Police were on scene throughout the afternoon for the investigation.
The lockdown was later lifted and the student's injuries are considered to be minor. He is in hospital and expected to make a full recovery.
Police said they believe they know who the assailant is, although they're not sure if he is a student.
The Calgary Board of Education said it will release more details later.
- Derailed CN freight car hits Via Rail train near Gananoque
- Tory MP Eve Adams quits bitter nomination race, cites health
- Legendary Ojibwa sniper unsung hero of WW I
- Obama calls for release of Hadar Goldin, captured Israeli soldier
- 'Doug Ford is lying,' Toronto police chief says, threatening lawsuit
- Burlington Skyway closed all weekend as engineers assess damage
- Chief's $1M pay 'not reasonable,' Bernard Valcourt says
- Polar bear wins tug of war with Nunavut man over beluga
- Yvon Lambert appeals to public after losing 1976 Stanley Cup ring
- Huge waves detected in Arctic waters for 1st time
Indiana Pacers forward suffers gruesome injury during Team USA scrimmage.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 0:49, Views 76
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 3 hrs ago 0:49
Tooltip Information:Pacers' Paul George suffers gruesome serious leg injuryVideo by:Description: Indiana Pacers forward suffers gruesome injury during Team USA scrimmage.Rating: 4Views: 235
Date 9 hrs ago 7:13
Tooltip Information:Usain Bolt leads Jamaica's 4x100m relay team to the finalVideo by:Description: Watch the Jamaicans finish 1st in their heat and advance to the final.Rating: 4Views: 16