Calgary police search for high school stabbing suspect
Police are searching for a suspect in the stabbing of a male student at Dr. E.P. Scarlett High School in Calgary's southwest.
The school went into lockdown Friday around noon as a precaution after the student was stabbed in the stomach just off of school property. Police were on scene throughout the afternoon for the investigation.
The lockdown was later lifted and the student's injuries are considered to be minor. He is in hospital and expected to make a full recovery.
Police said they believe they know who the assailant is, although they're not sure if he is a student.
The Calgary Board of Education said it will release more details later.
- ISIS militants accused of ethnic cleansing in Iraq
- Jennifer Lawrence photo hack: Attention turns to FBI, Apple
- B.C. teachers' strike: No classes on what is supposed to be 1st day of school
- Gabriel Dion and Saint-Sulpice bar owner make amends
- Uzi gun death accident exposes debate about children and guns
- 'Bias' concerns led tax agency to target left-leaning think-tank
- Uber taxi app banned in Germany
- 'Space sex geckos' found dead upon return to Earth, Russia says
- Back-to-school sales sluggish, expected to extend into September
- Tony Accurso set to testify at Quebec corruption inquiry
After falling at the first hurdle in the World Cup in Brazil there are calls for changes in football in Cameroon. Duration: 00:58
Date 23 mins ago, Duration 0:57, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 12 hrs ago 4:37
Tooltip Information:How long will the teachers' strike last?Video by:Description: Renee Filippone looks at how far apart the BCTF and the BCPSEA are in their demands and concessionsRating: 4Views: 363
Date 13 hrs ago 4:10
Tooltip Information:Ukraine's growing turmoilVideo by:Description: NATO says it needs to create a rapid reaction force to respond to Russian aggression against any of its members, as well as UkraineRating: 5Views: 535