Body of Alberta canoeist recovered near Fort McKay
The body of a Lac La Biche, Alta., canoeist missing since June 12, was recovered Sunday in the Athabasca River north of Fort McKay.
Dr.Gordon Lippolt, 66, was on a canoe trip with three other Lac La Biche men earlier this month when his canoe was caught up in powerful currents in the surging Christina River.
One canoe capsized, but was pushed nearer the shoreline allowing two of the men to swim ashore.
However the canoe containing Lippolt and his 58-year-old companion Paul Richard disappeared upstream.
The search for Richard's body continues.
The exact cause of Lippolt's death is not yet confirmed pending the results of the autopsy.
- Ebola virus: What you need to know to protect yourself
- Andrew Leduc hit-and-run death: Civilian RCMP contractor cleared of wrongdoing
- Gaza conflict: At least 15 dead after tank shells hit UN school
- Calgary murder home's MLS listing reveals challenges of 'stigmatized' real estate
- Longueuil couple gets threatening letter for flying gay pride flag
- Canada, U.S. name panel to oversee new $1B Detroit-Windsor bridge
- Plane crashes are more survivable than ever
- Ukraine official says rebels place mines near MH17 crash site
- Alison Redford flights: opposition politicians want RCMP probe
- Motorcyclist caught doing 185 km/h faces $3.5K fine
The University of California, Los Angeles, is hit by flooding because of a burst water main on Sunset Boulevard. Duration: 00:48
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 0:48, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 19 hrs ago 0:30
Tooltip Information:Commonwealth weightlifting gold medallist tests positiveVideo by:Description: 16-year-old Nigerian weightlifter Chika Amalaha has tested positive for banned drugsRating: 3Views: 6894