Body of Alberta canoeist recovered near Fort McKay
The body of a Lac La Biche, Alta., canoeist missing since June 12, was recovered Sunday in the Athabasca River north of Fort McKay.
Dr.Gordon Lippolt, 66, was on a canoe trip with three other Lac La Biche men earlier this month when his canoe was caught up in powerful currents in the surging Christina River.
One canoe capsized, but was pushed nearer the shoreline allowing two of the men to swim ashore.
However the canoe containing Lippolt and his 58-year-old companion Paul Richard disappeared upstream.
The search for Richard's body continues.
The exact cause of Lippolt's death is not yet confirmed pending the results of the autopsy.
- Turkey says 49 hostages seized by ISIS have been freed
- Canadian fighter jets intercept Russian bombers in Arctic
- Jean Chrétien gave U.K. government advice ahead of Scotland referendum
- First Nation girl refuses chemotherapy, may be forced back into treatment
- Hurricane Odile: WestJet offers final evacuation flight to Calgary
- Why chimps kill other chimps — U.S. study uncovers main reason
- After the Scotland referendum: What happens next
- Don Frigo shooting death: Canada-wide warrant issued for Boris Panovski
- Ukrainian peace talks lead to buffer zone deal
- White House evacuated after man jumps fence, rushes executive mansion
Dozens of Turkish hostages seized by Islamic State (IS) in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul in June have been released and arrived back in Turkey.
Date 38 mins ago, Duration 1:41, Views 0
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.66Views: 74096
Date 14-09-17 2:02
Tooltip Information:33-year-old's mysterious disappearanceVideo by:Description: Family members of Crystal Ratvay made a special plea for information to help them find the Abbotsford womanRating: 3Views: 39109
Date 14-09-18 1:16
Tooltip Information:Cat escapes from collapsing wreckage of Dauphin hotel (Video by David Katcsma)Video by:Description: David Katcsma of Dauphin, Man., captured this video of a cat running out of the Towers Hotel as the burning building collapsed to the groundRating: 4.21Views: 8241
Date 14-09-18 2:20
Tooltip Information:Homeowner seeks repayment for construction damagesVideo by:Description: Bill Shotyk says the company working on a home next door to his is refusing for pay for damage to his property.Rating: 1Views: 681