Body of Alberta canoeist recovered near Fort McKay
The body of a Lac La Biche, Alta., canoeist missing since June 12, was recovered Sunday in the Athabasca River north of Fort McKay.
Dr.Gordon Lippolt, 66, was on a canoe trip with three other Lac La Biche men earlier this month when his canoe was caught up in powerful currents in the surging Christina River.
One canoe capsized, but was pushed nearer the shoreline allowing two of the men to swim ashore.
However the canoe containing Lippolt and his 58-year-old companion Paul Richard disappeared upstream.
The search for Richard's body continues.
The exact cause of Lippolt's death is not yet confirmed pending the results of the autopsy.
- Calgary stabbing victims identified as students, bandmates
- South Korean ferry sinking leaves 3 dead, almost 300 missing
- Matthew de Grood: Who is the Calgary stabbing suspect?
- Calgary stabbings: How knife crime in Canada can cause 'moral panic'
- Brain drain challenges First Nation communities across Canada
- Toronto Hydro restores power after massive blackout
- Jim Flaherty's family, colleagues gather for state funeral today
- Tax credits not the best way to help students
- Treatment of farm livestock: Deciding what's ethical
- South Korean ferry sinking kills 2; 295 missing
China's economy grew 7.4% in the first three months of the year - slightly better than expected, but below the government's target.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:51, Views 2
Date 20 hrs ago 7:08
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: 5 youths deadVideo by:Description: Neighbour Doug Jones interviewed after 3 declared dead at scene, 2 more later died in hospitalRating: 3.24Views: 30162
Date 16 hrs ago 1:19
Tooltip Information:RAW: Calf rescued in flood waterVideo by:Description: Video taken from Tammy McLean of a one-month-old calf trying to swim to shore in western New BrunswickRating: 1.5Views: 1506
Date 14-04-14 5:49
Tooltip Information:What stolen SINs might mean to youVideo by:Description: Raymond VanKrimpen discusses the Heartbleed bug breach at Revenue Canada, and what it might mean for consumersRating: 3.76Views: 18078