Good Friday in Winnipeg: What's open, what's closed
Much of Winnipeg is closed on Good Friday, but there are some places where people can enjoy the holiday.
Most stores are closed on Friday, as are all libraries, all leisure centres, and most city-operated swimming pools.
The exception is the Cindy Klassen Recreation Complex, which is open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The Forks Market is open from 9:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m., and Assiniboine Park is switching to its extended spring hours on Friday, with the zoo and conservatory open from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m.
The City of Winnipeg says recycling and garbage will be picked up on Friday for homeowners who have Friday as their weekly cart collection days.
Winnipeg Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule on Good Friday.
- Rob Ford to undergo chemotherapy for treatment of liposarcoma
- Artificial sweeteners linked to obesity epidemic, scientists say
- Alex Hennessy captures own armed holdup on GoPro camera
- Hurricane Odile: Stranded Canadians arrive in Vancouver
- Red River search for missing, murdered women wraps up 1st day
- Iraq PM tells U.S. 'we don't want' ground troops
- Nathan O’Brien murder case: Douglas Garland appearance draws gasps in courtroom
- Australia counterterrorism raids: 15 detained for planning 'random, violent act'
- Fireball over Rockies was Russian spy satellite, experts say
- Assembly of First Nations says its proposals on missing women 'tossed aside' by Ottawa
Scottish referendum polls favour No side, with undecided voters still in play
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 6:14, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.4Views: 17507
Date 15 hrs ago 2:02
Tooltip Information:33-year-old's mysterious disappearanceVideo by:Description: Family members of Crystal Ratvay made a special plea for information to help them find the Abbotsford womanRating: 3Views: 13541