Man accused of beating Winnipeg bus driver
A surveillance camera caught images of a man accused of beating a Winnipeg Transit driver. Winnipeg Police Service
Police want help finding a man accused of beating a Winnipeg Transit driver.
It happened Sept. 14 as the bus stopped on William Avenue near Isabel Street, in the city's Centennial neighbourhood.
Police released surveillance images of the accused, one showing what looks like his fist in the air.
A man walked on, didn't pay the fare and demanded a transfer from the 50-year-old man driving the bus. The passenger then assaulted the driver causing non-life-threatening injuries.
After a couple of minutes, two other men got on the bus and tried to help. One of the Samaritans was then attacked as well, police said.
The suspect eventually got off the bus but a fight continued between him and several other men, police said.
Anyone with information on the identity of the suspect is asked to contact investigators at 204-986-6668 or Crime Stoppers at 204-786-TIPS (8477).
- ISIS atrocities in Iraq: What's Canada's next move?
- Russian aid convoy begins leaving Ukraine
- Kevin Love trade: Andrew Wiggins rare No. 1 pick
- James Moore 'impatient' with provincial trade barriers
- Wynne slams Harper over missing, murdered aboriginal women comments
- Saskatoon berry gets name change in U.S.
- Saskatchewan considered separation, Roy Romanow reveals
- Car crashes through Oshawa family's living room, bursts into flames
- Naomi Lewis's 'my big Jewish nose' essay sparks controversy
- Stephen Harper concerned by Russia's growing military presence in Arctic
Vancouver mom says bus driver didn't seem to care
Date 7 hrs ago, Duration 2:00, Views 184
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 19 hrs ago 2:12
Tooltip Information:Hiker rescued days after fleeing bear in treeVideo by:Description: Julien Landry in stable condition in a Kelowna, B.C., hospital after concussion, injured and alone in the forest after a wild encounterRating: 3.12Views: 22279
Date 14-08-21 1:58
Tooltip Information:Dementia victim takes her life after right-to-die pleaVideo by:Description: Gillian Bennett, 84, feared becoming burden on her family after dementia diagnosisRating: 2.88Views: 37910