Man accused of beating Winnipeg bus driver
A surveillance camera caught images of a man accused of beating a Winnipeg Transit driver. Winnipeg Police Service
Police want help finding a man accused of beating a Winnipeg Transit driver.
It happened Sept. 14 as the bus stopped on William Avenue near Isabel Street, in the city's Centennial neighbourhood.
Police released surveillance images of the accused, one showing what looks like his fist in the air.
A man walked on, didn't pay the fare and demanded a transfer from the 50-year-old man driving the bus. The passenger then assaulted the driver causing non-life-threatening injuries.
After a couple of minutes, two other men got on the bus and tried to help. One of the Samaritans was then attacked as well, police said.
The suspect eventually got off the bus but a fight continued between him and several other men, police said.
Anyone with information on the identity of the suspect is asked to contact investigators at 204-986-6668 or Crime Stoppers at 204-786-TIPS (8477).
- Stephen Arthuro Solis-Reyes charged in Heartbleed-related SIN theft
- South Korea ferry disaster: Texts from the doomed ship
- uFly fires flight instructor after CNN appearances on Malaysia Airlines story
- CSEC aware of Heartbleed bug day before CRA website shutdown
- Dale Weise scores in OT as Habs upend Lightning
- Jim Flaherty hailed as a 'hero' by sons at state funeral
- Quebec anti-corruption unit investigates re-elected MNA
- Calgary stabbing victims' families and friends shattered
- Manitoba girl, 10, mauled to death by dogs in Lac Brochet
- Ontario investigates website that claims to fast-track documents
Pro-Russian forces have challenged and disarmed Ukrainian troops in several eastern cities
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 2:42, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-04-15 1:19
Tooltip Information:RAW: Calf rescued in flood waterVideo by:Description: Video taken from Tammy McLean of a one-month-old calf trying to swim to shore in western New BrunswickRating: 2.78Views: 14816