Man killed in head-on crash on Hwy 10
The RCMP say alcohol is considered to be a factor in a fatal head-on crash on Highway 10 Friday night.
It happened about 15 kilometres north of The Pas at about 3:45 p.m.
Police said a 44-year-old man, form Opaskwayak Cree Nation, was driving a pick-up truck southbound on Highway 10 when he drifted into oncoming traffic.
He collided head-on with a northbound traveling pick-up truck.
Both trucks were found in the east ditch and both drivers had to be extricated from inside.
The male driver of the northbound travelling truck was found dead at the scene, police said. His name has not been released.
The 44-year-old driver was taken to The Pas Heath Centre in stable condition.
Police continue to investigate.
- Turkey says 49 hostages seized by ISIS have been freed
- Canadian fighter jets intercept Russian bombers in Arctic
- Jean Chrétien gave U.K. government advice ahead of Scotland referendum
- First Nation girl refuses chemotherapy, may be forced back into treatment
- Hurricane Odile: WestJet offers final evacuation flight to Calgary
- Why chimps kill other chimps — U.S. study uncovers main reason
- After the Scotland referendum: What happens next
- Don Frigo shooting death: Canada-wide warrant issued for Boris Panovski
- Ukrainian peace talks lead to buffer zone deal
- White House evacuated after man jumps fence, rushes executive mansion
Dozens of Turkish hostages seized by Islamic State (IS) in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul in June have been released and arrived back in Turkey.
Date 38 mins ago, Duration 1:41, Views 0
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.66Views: 74096
Date 14-09-17 2:02
Tooltip Information:33-year-old's mysterious disappearanceVideo by:Description: Family members of Crystal Ratvay made a special plea for information to help them find the Abbotsford womanRating: 3Views: 39109
Date 14-09-18 1:16
Tooltip Information:Cat escapes from collapsing wreckage of Dauphin hotel (Video by David Katcsma)Video by:Description: David Katcsma of Dauphin, Man., captured this video of a cat running out of the Towers Hotel as the burning building collapsed to the groundRating: 4.21Views: 8241
Date 14-09-18 2:20
Tooltip Information:Homeowner seeks repayment for construction damagesVideo by:Description: Bill Shotyk says the company working on a home next door to his is refusing for pay for damage to his property.Rating: 1Views: 681