Man killed in head-on crash on Hwy 10
The RCMP say alcohol is considered to be a factor in a fatal head-on crash on Highway 10 Friday night.
It happened about 15 kilometres north of The Pas at about 3:45 p.m.
Police said a 44-year-old man, form Opaskwayak Cree Nation, was driving a pick-up truck southbound on Highway 10 when he drifted into oncoming traffic.
He collided head-on with a northbound traveling pick-up truck.
Both trucks were found in the east ditch and both drivers had to be extricated from inside.
The male driver of the northbound travelling truck was found dead at the scene, police said. His name has not been released.
The 44-year-old driver was taken to The Pas Heath Centre in stable condition.
Police continue to investigate.
- Wynne slams Harper over missing, murdered aboriginal women comments
- U.S. condemns Russian aid convoy into Ukraine, threatens more sanctions
- Alfred Vuozzo, homicide victims had family links to fatal crash
- Car crashes through Oshawa family's living room, bursts into flames
- Gun smuggling charges for Markel Chiles, former U.S. judge
- Toronto councillor wants 'thy sons' taken out of O Canada
- Saskatchewan considered separation, Roy Romanow reveals
- Ebola outbreak widens as death toll rises to 1,427
- Naomi Lewis's 'my big Jewish nose' essay sparks controversy
- Leonardo DiCaprio visits Alberta's oilsands
Andrey Grebenshchikov, second secretary at the Russian Embassy in Ottawa, discusses convoy
Date 50 mins ago, Duration 9:49, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 12 hrs ago 2:12
Tooltip Information:Hiker rescued days after fleeing bear in treeVideo by:Description: Julien Landry in stable condition in a Kelowna, B.C., hospital after concussion, injured and alone in the forest after a wild encounterRating: 3.14Views: 19826
Date 14-08-21 1:58
Tooltip Information:Dementia victim takes her life after right-to-die pleaVideo by:Description: Gillian Bennett, 84, feared becoming burden on her family after dementia diagnosisRating: 2.88Views: 37060