Man killed in head-on crash on Hwy 10
The RCMP say alcohol is considered to be a factor in a fatal head-on crash on Highway 10 Friday night.
It happened about 15 kilometres north of The Pas at about 3:45 p.m.
Police said a 44-year-old man, form Opaskwayak Cree Nation, was driving a pick-up truck southbound on Highway 10 when he drifted into oncoming traffic.
He collided head-on with a northbound traveling pick-up truck.
Both trucks were found in the east ditch and both drivers had to be extricated from inside.
The male driver of the northbound travelling truck was found dead at the scene, police said. His name has not been released.
The 44-year-old driver was taken to The Pas Heath Centre in stable condition.
Police continue to investigate.
- Rehtaeh Parsons suspect accused of threatening girl's father
- Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 will be found, expert says
- Air Canada apologizes for luggage toss caught on video
- Rob Ford’s 'cranes in the sky' line examined by economists
- 4 new species of 'killer' sponges discovered off Pacific coast
- MERS virus outbreak raising SARS-like concern
- Looking for First Nations love: Indigenous dating life 'complex'
- How dearth of Canadian teams in NHL hockey playoffs will hit local economies
- New Brunswick flood concerns continue
- Mount Everest avalanche: 13th body pulled from snow
Partial human remains are now being analyzed after being found near Winchester, Ont.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:54, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3Views: 2369