Manitoban dies in B.C. snowboarding accident
A 22-year-old Winnipeg man has died in a snowboarding accident in British Columbia.
The B.C. Coroners Service confirmed late Wednesday that Nicolas Voyer-Taylor died as a result of the incident, which happened Tuesday at the Big White Ski Resort near Kelowna, B.C.
Voyer-Taylor, who was a seasonal employee and resident of the resort, had gone out snowboarding that day.
Some skiers found him "partially submerged in water in a snow well," the coroner's service said in a release.
Voyer-Taylor was taken to Kelowna General Hospital, where he later died.
The coroner's office says it is investigating the incident.
- Nathan O’Brien murder case: Douglas Garland to appear in court
- B.C. teachers' strike: BCTF letter outlines tentative agreement
- Driverless cars, talking ATMs: Disabilities are transforming big business
- Apple's iOS 8: It's delivery day for new mobile operating system
- Hiva Alizadeh pleads guilty in Ottawa terrorism trial
- Rob Ford health update coming today at 5 p.m. ET
- Marriott's Envelope Please program urges hotel guests to tip housekeepers
- Master Cpl. Denis Demers takes own life 2 weeks after standoff
- North Korea-bound American swimmer arrested by South Korea
- Harper sidestepped MPs on Supreme Court pick due to Nadon 'leaks'
Voting ends in the first election in Fiji since former military ruler Frank Bainimarama took power in a coup in 2006.
Date 33 mins ago, Duration 0:42, Views 0
Date 13 hrs ago 2:02
Tooltip Information:33-year-old's mysterious disappearanceVideo by:Description: Family members of Crystal Ratvay made a special plea for information to help them find the Abbotsford womanRating: 3Views: 2133
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.4Views: 17507