Manitoban dies in B.C. snowboarding accident
A 22-year-old Winnipeg man has died in a snowboarding accident in British Columbia.
The B.C. Coroners Service confirmed late Wednesday that Nicolas Voyer-Taylor died as a result of the incident, which happened Tuesday at the Big White Ski Resort near Kelowna, B.C.
Voyer-Taylor, who was a seasonal employee and resident of the resort, had gone out snowboarding that day.
Some skiers found him "partially submerged in water in a snow well," the coroner's service said in a release.
Voyer-Taylor was taken to Kelowna General Hospital, where he later died.
The coroner's office says it is investigating the incident.
- B.C. teachers' strike: parents scramble for daycare spaces
- Eugenie Bouchard succumbs to Makarova, heat at U.S. Open
- Jennifer Lawrence among celebrity victims in leak of nude photos
- Iraq PM pledges to root out ISIS militants
- Tomasz Gladkowski, 39, dies trying to rescue drowning son from Lake Huron
- Devin Scullion defies odds at 18 with aging disease progeria
- Collège de Saint-Ambroise in Jonquière bans homework for a year
- Finance Canada now sees middle-class families in rosy hue
- Gabriel Dion and Saint-Sulpice bar owner make amends
- Ukraine crisis: Separatists soften stance on independence
B.C. Teachers' Federation president's one-on-one interview with CBC's Andrew Chang the eve before school is supposed to start
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 5:03, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 2 hrs ago 3:29
Tooltip Information:Protecting your personal informationVideo by:Description: Technology expert Graham Williams offers advice on how to protect information you store on your personal cloudRating: 4Views: 0
Date 14-08-29 1:59
Tooltip Information:Topless toddler at swimming pool ends in scuffleVideo by:Description: Mother of 3-year-old girl says she was tripped by a lifeguard; complaints filed by and against mother.Rating: 3.19Views: 105172
Date 1 hr ago 4:10
Tooltip Information:Ukraine's growing turmoilVideo by:Description: NATO says it needs to create a rapid reaction force to respond to Russian aggression against any of its members, as well as UkraineRating: 4Views: 0