Man struck by SUV, beaten and stabbed
A man in Winnipeg was hit by a stolen vehicle then attacked and stabbed by the people in that vehicle, according to police.
The 36-year-old man is in hospital in stable condition.
The incident happened just after 11 p.m. in the city's Centennial neighbourhood, near the corner of William Avenue and Isabel Street.
Police say the man was on a bicycle when he was struck by an SUV. The vehicle then stopped and the people jumped out, beat the man and stabbed him in the upper body.
Police have not released much information about the incident, but say it was not a random attack.
No arrests have been made.
- Ahmad Waseem, jihadi in Syria, ignored family's pleas to stay in Canada
- Gaza conflict: Israel says Palestinian rocket misfire hit al-Shifa hospital
- EU trade deal troubles denied by Canadian, German officials
- Addison Hall death: Police to probe car in Costco crash
- Nanoleaf Bloom light bulb dims without dimmer switch
- Ross Lockwood returns to Earth after 4 months on (simulated) Mars
- Judge rules against Donald Sterling, OK's sale of Clippers
- Paying off your mortgage faster can pay huge dividends
- Gay neighbourhoods 'straightening' out, says UBC researcher
- Nigel Wright, Harper's ex-chief of staff, returns to Onex
Canadian swimmer Audrey Lacroix win the 200M Butterfly at the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 4:32, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 10 hrs ago 5:04
Tooltip Information:Damian Warner shatters men's decathlon 100m recordVideo by:Description: The Canadian impresses with a record time in Glasgow.Rating: 3.66Views: 2299
Date 4 hrs ago 0:41
Tooltip Information:The fastest Rubik's Cube solver you've ever seenVideo by:Description: Antoine Cantin is the world record holder for Rubik's Cube solving at 12.56 seconds.Rating: 2.5Views: 352