A man in Winnipeg was hit by a stolen vehicle then attacked and stabbed by the people in that vehicle, according to police.
The 36-year-old man is in hospital in stable condition.
The incident happened just after 11 p.m. in the city's Centennial neighbourhood, near the corner of William Avenue and Isabel Street.
Police say the man was on a bicycle when he was struck by an SUV. The vehicle then stopped and the people jumped out, beat the man and stabbed him in the upper body.
Police have not released much information about the incident, but say it was not a random attack.
No arrests have been made.
- Secret tax-haven files lift veil on $32M Ontario fraud
- Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Top court to reveal if it will hear Rob Ford conflict appeal
- Dozens of children seized from Manitoba Mennonite community
- A Pope with a plan? Francis's first 100 days
- B.C. First Nation sets fires to save bison
- 1 in 8 bird species threatened with extinction
- Taliban proposes prisoner exchange with U.S.
- Canada buys rare War of 1812 collection for $573K
- Bob Rae quits as MP in 'very emotional' decision
More than 50 children have reportedly been removed from a Manitoba Mennonite community by child welfare authorities
Date 9 hrs ago, Duration 1:31, Views 396
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 15 hrs ago 2:28
Tooltip Information:More seniors dying in bedrail accidentsVideo by:Description: More seniors have died in Manitoba after becoming trapped in their bed rails, despite years of warnings from U.S. and Canadian health authorities. CBC's I-Team reports.Rating: 4Views: 379
Date 9 hrs ago 1:31
Tooltip Information:Children seized from Mennonite communityVideo by:Description: More than 50 children have reportedly been removed from a Manitoba Mennonite community by child welfare authoritiesRating: 4Views: 445