Early morning stabbing in Montreal restaurant
A man in his 30s remains critical but stable condition after being stabbed while he was inside a restaurant on Saint-Hubert Street in Montreal.
Police said the event took place at a restaurant north of Jean Talon Street.
They said the man entered the restaurant shortly after 5 a.m. and seemed agitated and possibly inebriated.
Authorities said customers tried to calm the man. At some point, another man stabbed him in the upper body.
The 31-year-old suspect fled the scene on foot but was arrested by police soon after.
The suspect also suffered injuries to his upper body. He was taken to hospital but authorities said his life is not in danger.
Investigators will be meeting with him today.
- Clocks spring forward Sunday for daylight saving time
- Truckers reject Vancouver port deal: strike to begin Monday
- Birth of Justin Trudeau's son poses political opportunity
- Courtney Love libel suit shows landmark 1964 case relevant in digital age
- Nahlah Ayed: Military observers in Crimea face risky situation
- 3 Mohawk protesters could be charged after Ontario rail blockade
- Ottawa man caught driving 190 km/h has Jaguar impounded
- Unionized container truckers reject Vancouver port deal
- Former PM Brian Mulroney says Putin is no Gorbachev
- Social media privacy being taught at high school
About 200 people gathered in downtown Winnipeg Saturday to mark International Women's Day. CBC's Katie Nicholson reports.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:48, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 6 hrs ago 2:14
Tooltip Information:2 Canadians on board missing planeVideo by:Description: We are learning more about two Canadians who are among the missing on the Malaysian airlines flight, Aarti Pole reportsRating: 3.8Views: 2932
Date 3 hrs ago 3:32
Tooltip Information:Stolen passports may be on planeVideo by:Description: There is mystery surrounding the identity of two passengers on the Malaysia Airlines flight, who may have been travelling on stolen passportsRating: 4Views: 304
Date 6 hrs ago 1:46
Tooltip Information:Search for missing plane continuesVideo by:Description: The search for a missing passenger jet with 239 people on board is still underway in the South China SeaRating: 4Views: 1146