Early morning stabbing in Montreal restaurant
A man in his 30s remains critical but stable condition after being stabbed while he was inside a restaurant on Saint-Hubert Street in Montreal.
Police said the event took place at a restaurant north of Jean Talon Street.
They said the man entered the restaurant shortly after 5 a.m. and seemed agitated and possibly inebriated.
Authorities said customers tried to calm the man. At some point, another man stabbed him in the upper body.
The 31-year-old suspect fled the scene on foot but was arrested by police soon after.
The suspect also suffered injuries to his upper body. He was taken to hospital but authorities said his life is not in danger.
Investigators will be meeting with him today.
- B.C. teachers' strike: parents scramble for daycare spaces
- Eugenie Bouchard succumbs to Makarova, heat at U.S. Open
- Jennifer Lawrence among celebrity victims in leak of nude photos
- Iraq PM pledges to root out ISIS militants
- Tomasz Gladkowski, 39, dies trying to rescue drowning son from Lake Huron
- Devin Scullion defies odds at 18 with aging disease progeria
- Collège de Saint-Ambroise in Jonquière bans homework for a year
- Finance Canada now sees middle-class families in rosy hue
- Gabriel Dion and Saint-Sulpice bar owner make amends
- Ukraine crisis: Separatists soften stance on independence
In a sure sign that Winnipeg's mayoral race is heating up, candidates' campaign signs have started to dot lawns across the city.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:55, Views 1
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 4 hrs ago 1:54
Tooltip Information:Devin Scullion turns 18Video by:Description: A Hamilton teenager who suffers from a rare genetic condition that causes rapid aging, has celebrated his 18th birthday.Rating: 4Views: 299
Date 14-08-29 1:59
Tooltip Information:Topless toddler at swimming pool ends in scuffleVideo by:Description: Mother of 3-year-old girl says she was tripped by a lifeguard; complaints filed by and against mother.Rating: 3.19Views: 104513