Early morning stabbing in Montreal restaurant
A man in his 30s remains critical but stable condition after being stabbed while he was inside a restaurant on Saint-Hubert Street in Montreal.
Police said the event took place at a restaurant north of Jean Talon Street.
They said the man entered the restaurant shortly after 5 a.m. and seemed agitated and possibly inebriated.
Authorities said customers tried to calm the man. At some point, another man stabbed him in the upper body.
The 31-year-old suspect fled the scene on foot but was arrested by police soon after.
The suspect also suffered injuries to his upper body. He was taken to hospital but authorities said his life is not in danger.
Investigators will be meeting with him today.
- Gaza crisis: Violence continues despite Egyptian call for ceasefire
- Tina Fontaine’s family holds funeral for slain teen
- Iceland volcano: Bardarbunga eruption begins
- Lev Tahor, ultra-Orthodox Jewish sect, quietly moves to Guatemala
- Indian status: 5 things you need to know
- Saskatchewan considered separation, Roy Romanow reveals
- ISIS atrocities in Iraq: What's Canada's next move?
- Kevin Love trade: Andrew Wiggins rare No. 1 pick
- Iraq explosions, mosque attack kill nearly 100 in 2 days of violence
- Wynne slams Harper over missing, murdered aboriginal women comments
Muhammad Robert Heft has counselled many young Canadians 'at risk' of being recruited by international militant groups such as ISIS
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 5:20, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-08-22 2:12
Tooltip Information:Hiker rescued days after fleeing bear in treeVideo by:Description: Julien Landry in stable condition in a Kelowna, B.C., hospital after concussion, injured and alone in the forest after a wild encounterRating: 3.18Views: 23711
Date 4 hrs ago 1:50
Tooltip Information:Lotus restaurant fined for food poisoningVideo by:Description: Ottawa Public Health fined a Barrhaven Chinese restaurant after 44 people got sick from food.Rating: 4Views: 608