High school lockdown lifted following hoax in La Prairie
Five people have been arrested in connection with a hoax at a high school on Montreal's South Shore.
Police received a 911 call from a phone booth inside the Polyvalente La Magdeleine shortly before 3 p.m. Thursday afternoon.
François Michaud, spokesman for the Roussillon police, said the person reported that shots had been fired at the school.
The school went into lockdown while officers investigated. But after a search, the lockdown was lifted and students were allowed to leave the building.
On the verge of tears, one student told reporters everyone was panicked.
"We didn't really know what was happening," she said.
Another student said the hoax was far from being funny.
"On the intercom they called a code white – a shooting. For the whole period of one hour and fifteen minutes, we waited underneath our desks in the corner," he said.
According to police, five suspects could be charged with mischief.
At least two people were transported to the hospital by ambulance following the incident.
- Rob Ford offered to buy crack video, surveillance reports suggest
- Mike Duffy audit: Senate kills attempt to call Deloitte executive
- Newtown school shooting 911 calls released
- Paul Walker died of 'traumatic and thermal injuries' from crash
- Military health system questioned after soldiers' deaths
- Stephen Harper to meet Kathleen Wynne to talk Ring of Fire
- Jeffrey Baldwin’s grandmother denies responsibility in his death
- Whales beach in Florida's Everglades, 10 die
- Obesity prevention can start during pregnancy, infancy
- Tipped tractor-trailer on Canso Causeway blocks traffic
U.S. ski star dealing with knee injury. She will make a decision on Thursday after her second training run.
Date 48 mins ago, Duration 2:12, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 3 hrs ago 3:25
Tooltip Information:RAW: Chris Walby weighs in on Mike O'Shea's hiring as Blue Bombers head coachVideo by:Description: Former Winnipeg Blue Bomber Chris Walby reacts to news that Mike O'Shea has been hired as the team's newest head coach.Rating: 4Views: 4438
Date 2 hrs ago 1:51
Tooltip Information:Mike O'Shea hired as Blue Bombers' head coachVideo by:Description: The Winnipeg Blue Bombers hire Mike O'Shea, a 43-year-old former Toronto Argonaut and Hamilton Tiget-Cat, as the team's newest head coach.Rating: 4Views: 0
Date 2 hrs ago 22:52
Tooltip Information:MPs on Duffy Deloitte auditVideo by:Description: Paul Calandra, Charlie Angus and Ralph Goodale on Senate vote to call a Deloitte executive to speak to committeeRating: 4Views: 322