Hit-and-run kills woman, injures other
A woman is dead and another is in critical condition after a hit-and-run in Sherbrooke.
The incident took place on Prospect Street, around 3 a.m.
Police said they are still looking for the driver, who sped off after hitting the women.
Authorities said the two victims were walking on the street.
They said the second woman is in hospital with serious injuries and they fear for her life.
Prospect Street is closed to traffic between Jacques-Cartier and Bouchette streets while police investigate.
They are asking for the public's help in finding the driver.
- Gaza conflict: Israel agrees to 12-hour ceasefire
- Ukraine crisis: Russia firing artillery at Ukraine troops, U.S. says
- E-cigarette market on fire while scientists wage heated debate
- Toronto Ford Fest draws big crowd and LGBT protest
- Ali Shahi charged after Sunwing plane makes emergency landing in Toronto
- Vegetarian or flexitarian: How much meat do you really want to give up?
- Canada's defence diplomacy hurt by tight budget, report says
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017 crash: Plane 'disintegrated,' French officials say
- Beverley McLachlin, chief justice, deserves apology from PM, international jurists say
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017: Quebec's Burkina Faso community mourns
Canadian receives her gold medal for women's 100-metre butterfly.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 2:58, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-07-25 0:20
Tooltip Information:Canadian women's rhythmic gymnastics team wins goldVideo by:Description: Canada's second gold medal of the Commonwealth Games.Rating: 4Views: 2072