Man shot in Pointe-Saint-Charles neighbourhood
A man is in hospital with bullet wounds to his upper body after a shooting that took place in Montreal's Pointe Saint Charles neighbourhood early this morning.
The incident happened at a residence on Knox Street around 12:50 a.m.
Police said the 24-year-old victim was shot while responding to a knock at the door.
The suspect fled the scene, and police have yet to make an arrest.
The victim, who is known to police, was taken to hospital. Authorities do not fear for his life.
A second person in the apartment at the time of the shooting was unharmed.
- Paying off your mortgage faster can pay huge dividends
- Gaza conflict: Fighting lulls as UN backs ceasefire calls
- Aviation safety by the numbers
- Thérèse Casgrain, feminist icon, quietly shunted by Harper government
- Lightning kills 1, injures 13 around Los Angeles
- Volvo's new road-sensing safety features go the extra mile
- Addison Hall, 6, dies after car crashes into London, Ont., Costco
- Ukraine crisis: On the front lines with a rebel dog
- B.C. men Michael Weir, Gerald Thom dead after home-built aircraft crashes
- B.C. Mounties threatened, fired upon at Tsilhqot'in reserve
Egypt and several European countries urge their nationals to get out of Libya as spiralling violence between the military and Islamists leaves scores d... More Egypt and several European countries urge their nationals to get out of Libya as spiralling violence between the military and Islamists leaves scores dead. Duration: 00:54
Date 4 hrs ago, Duration 0:54, Views 30
Video by: AFP
Date 14-07-27 0:43
Tooltip Information:Two-time champion Jim Jim Furyk takes 3-shot lead at Canadian OpenVideo by:Description: Watch Furyk in action on Saturday.Rating: 4Views: 299
Date 14-07-27 1:17
Tooltip Information:Dan LeFevour connects with C.J. Gable for 82 yardsVideo by:Description: Hamilton Tiger-Cats defeat Ottawa Redblacks 33-23.Rating: 4Views: 157