Man shot in Pointe-Saint-Charles neighbourhood
A man is in hospital with bullet wounds to his upper body after a shooting that took place in Montreal's Pointe Saint Charles neighbourhood early this morning.
The incident happened at a residence on Knox Street around 12:50 a.m.
Police said the 24-year-old victim was shot while responding to a knock at the door.
The suspect fled the scene, and police have yet to make an arrest.
The victim, who is known to police, was taken to hospital. Authorities do not fear for his life.
A second person in the apartment at the time of the shooting was unharmed.
- Nelson Mandela ceremony sign language interpreter a 'fake'
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- 1 person dead after crane falls into German supermarket
- Bruce Heyman, U.S. ambassador nominee, faces Senate hearing
- Pot-smoking Mountie Ron Francis charged with assault
- India gay sex ban reinstated by top court
- Nelson Mandela's flag-draped casket lies in state
- Listen to this morning's news in 2 minutes: #cbcAMexpress
- Former late-night CTV Ottawa anchor Leigh Chapple dies
- Scott Jones says he was attacked for being gay
Pop megastar Justin Bieber dances and plays with young survivors of the Philippines' deadliest typhoon, bringing cheer to the disaster zone amid an int... More Pop megastar Justin Bieber dances and plays with young survivors of the Philippines' deadliest typhoon, bringing cheer to the disaster zone amid an international relief effort. Duration: 00:21
Date 3 mins ago, Duration 0:21, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 13-12-10 0:30
Tooltip Information:Obama shakes Castro's handVideo by:Description: U.S. President Barack Obama shakes hands with Cuban President Raul Castro during the memorial service for Nelson MandelaRating: 3.32Views: 31317
Date 12 hrs ago 0:45
Tooltip Information:Police seek 'Dirty Dozen' bank robbersVideo by:Description: New images are unveiled of bank robbers sought by police forces across southern Ontario.Rating: 4Views: 742