Man shot in Pointe-Saint-Charles neighbourhood
A man is in hospital with bullet wounds to his upper body after a shooting that took place in Montreal's Pointe Saint Charles neighbourhood early this morning.
The incident happened at a residence on Knox Street around 12:50 a.m.
Police said the 24-year-old victim was shot while responding to a knock at the door.
The suspect fled the scene, and police have yet to make an arrest.
The victim, who is known to police, was taken to hospital. Authorities do not fear for his life.
A second person in the apartment at the time of the shooting was unharmed.
- Steven Sotloff beheading shown in video, ISIS claims
- Ukraine conflict: Putin muses on Russian forces taking Kyiv
- Peter Stursberg, former CBC correspondent, dead at 101
- Jennifer Lawrence photo hack: Celebrities bash mass privacy violation
- Justin Bieber faces assault, dangerous driving charges in Ontario
- Ebola outbreak: 'We need action now,' says CDC director Tom Frieden
- ISIS militants accused of ethnic cleansing in Iraq
- B.C. teachers' strike: How far apart are the 2 sides?
- Des Hague, CEO of Centreplate, resigns after abusing dog
- Halliburton to pay $1.1B US to settle Deepwater Horizon oil spill claims
Technology that generates touchable 3D imagery is unveiled in Japan, with its developers saying users could pull and push objects that are not really t... More Technology that generates touchable 3D imagery is unveiled in Japan, with its developers saying users could pull and push objects that are not really there. Duration: 01:07
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:06, Views 21
Video by: AFP
Date 2 hrs ago 5:08
Tooltip Information:Teachers' strike: Students caught in the middleVideo by:Description: Grade 12 student Cole Poirier is organizing a rally in Vancouver to give a voice to the students affected by the teachers' strike in B.C.Rating: 4Views: 109