Quebec snowmobiler dies after driving under a moose
A 55-year-old man is dead after his snowmobile passed under a moose in Saint-Joseph-de-Kamouraska about 410 kilometres northeast of Montreal.
Provincial police Sgt. Bruno Beaulieu said the incident happened on the right-hand side of Highway 35 around 10:15 p.m. local time on Friday.
He said the man suffered critical head injuries after his snowmobile passed under the large animal while it ran across the path.
The snowmobile was barely damaged in the incident.
Two other people who were also on snowmobiles witnessed the incident. Neither of them were injured.
The moose ran off and investigators have not been able to locate it.
- Former Mountie charged with 8 sex assaults against youths
- University of Ottawa prof decries administration 'gutlessness'
- Inability to enjoy music recognized as a brain condition
- Air Canada may hike fares, fees due to low dollar
- Ukraine crisis leads to Canada expelling Russian soldiers
- Elderly dementia patient slips hospital, takes cab 80 km
- Hockey stick billed as oldest in the world for sale on eBay
- Condom piercer loses Supreme Court appeal
- No call for national inquiry in MPs' report on aboriginal women
- Spring break 2014: When it starts across the country
The Dalai Lama calls for 'religous harmony' during a speech at the Washington National Cathedral. Duration: 00:45
Date 12 mins ago, Duration 0:45, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 14-03-06 3:20
Tooltip Information:Toddler suspended over cheese sandwichVideo by:Description: An Ottawa daycare suspends a 2-year-old girl for violating its 'no outside food' policyRating: 3.84Views: 36181