Quebec snowmobiler dies after driving under a moose
A 55-year-old man is dead after his snowmobile passed under a moose in Saint-Joseph-de-Kamouraska about 410 kilometres northeast of Montreal.
Provincial police Sgt. Bruno Beaulieu said the incident happened on the right-hand side of Highway 35 around 10:15 p.m. local time on Friday.
He said the man suffered critical head injuries after his snowmobile passed under the large animal while it ran across the path.
The snowmobile was barely damaged in the incident.
Two other people who were also on snowmobiles witnessed the incident. Neither of them were injured.
The moose ran off and investigators have not been able to locate it.
- Air Canada to consider firing workers in baggage toss video
- Calgary stabbings: victims' families come together to heal
- Rehtaeh Parsons suspect accused of threatening girl's father
- Ukraine crisis: At barricades, insurgents await Easter
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Woman dies after dad hits her trying to park near Ottawa hospital
- Aggressive raccoon attacks puppy in Vancouver's West End
- Dog thief caught on camera at Vancouver tattoo parlour
- MERS virus outbreak raising SARS-like concern
- Mount Everest avalanche highlights risk Sherpas face
Blues win in OT as Blackhawks buckle.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:45, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 4 hrs ago 1:40
Tooltip Information:MH370 underwater search could end within weekVideo by:Description: Malaysia's acting transport minister says search for missing airliner has entered a crucial phase, Andrew Lee reportsRating: 4Views: 1291
Date 5 hrs ago 3:17
Tooltip Information:Luggage toss caught on videoVideo by:Description: Dwayne Stewart was sitting on an Air Canada plane when he noticed a baggage handler dropping luggage at least 3 metres into a bin belowRating: 4Views: 1514
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3.37Views: 4494