Sherbrooke police meet with owner of car involved in fatal hit-and-run
Police did not charge the owner of a vehicle involved in a fatal hit-and-run accident that took place Saturday morning in Sherbrooke.
Police met with the man but released him shortly after. It is not clear who was driving the car when it hit two women around 3 a.m. on Prospect Street.
A 19-year-old woman was killed, and her 20-year-old friend remains in hospital where authorities fear for her life.
Yesterday, police were looking for the car and investigating the scene.
They found the vehicle Saturday evening, several hours after the incident. They are still trying to determine who was driving the vehicle at the time of the accident.
- Boston Marathon under tight security 1 year after bombing
- South Korea ferry: 4 crew members detained
- Queen Elizabeth turns 88: A royal diplomat in her 'best decade' yet
- Teen runaway survives flight in plane's wheel well
- What's open and closed across Canada on Easter Monday
- Calgary stabbings: Zackariah Rathwell's family breaks silence
- Ukraine crisis: Joe Biden visiting Ukraine day after violence
- No sign of missing $26K scotch a year after LCBO theft
- Binge-watching: the downside of marathon TV sessions
- Winnipeg's frozen pipes woes drag on into spring
Ukraine has said it will launch an investigation into a fatal attack in the east of the country, which has further increased tensions between Kiev and ... More Ukraine has said it will launch an investigation into a fatal attack in the east of the country, which has further increased tensions between Kiev and Moscow.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:34, Views 23
Date 21 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76Video by:Description: Former professional boxer and long-time advocate for the wrongly convicted died Sunday in TorontoRating: 3.69Views: 19330
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3.1Views: 10044