Sherbrooke police meet with owner of car involved in fatal hit-and-run
Police did not charge the owner of a vehicle involved in a fatal hit-and-run accident that took place Saturday morning in Sherbrooke.
Police met with the man but released him shortly after. It is not clear who was driving the car when it hit two women around 3 a.m. on Prospect Street.
A 19-year-old woman was killed, and her 20-year-old friend remains in hospital where authorities fear for her life.
Yesterday, police were looking for the car and investigating the scene.
They found the vehicle Saturday evening, several hours after the incident. They are still trying to determine who was driving the vehicle at the time of the accident.
- ISIS militants accused of ethnic cleansing in Iraq
- Jennifer Lawrence photo hack: Attention turns to FBI, Apple
- B.C. teachers' strike: No classes on what is supposed to be 1st day of school
- Gabriel Dion and Saint-Sulpice bar owner make amends
- Uzi gun death accident exposes debate about children and guns
- 'Bias' concerns led tax agency to target left-leaning think-tank
- Uber taxi app banned in Germany
- 'Space sex geckos' found dead upon return to Earth, Russia says
- Back-to-school sales sluggish, expected to extend into September
- Tony Accurso set to testify at Quebec corruption inquiry
Schools in Ontario are rolling out the last phase of its all-day kindergarten program across the province, Mike Crawley reports
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 2:58, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-08-29 1:59
Tooltip Information:Topless toddler at swimming pool ends in scuffleVideo by:Description: Mother of 3-year-old girl says she was tripped by a lifeguard; complaints filed by and against mother.Rating: 3.19Views: 106158
Date 11 hrs ago 4:10
Tooltip Information:Ukraine's growing turmoilVideo by:Description: NATO says it needs to create a rapid reaction force to respond to Russian aggression against any of its members, as well as UkraineRating: 5Views: 280