Sherbrooke police meet with owner of car involved in fatal hit-and-run
Police did not charge the owner of a vehicle involved in a fatal hit-and-run accident that took place Saturday morning in Sherbrooke.
Police met with the man but released him shortly after. It is not clear who was driving the car when it hit two women around 3 a.m. on Prospect Street.
A 19-year-old woman was killed, and her 20-year-old friend remains in hospital where authorities fear for her life.
Yesterday, police were looking for the car and investigating the scene.
They found the vehicle Saturday evening, several hours after the incident. They are still trying to determine who was driving the vehicle at the time of the accident.
- Police ask for tips after woman hit by car
- Teen's death not suspicious, police say
- Search on for man posing as Calgary police officer
- Car goes wrong way on one-way street, hits parked car
- 2 injured in Fredericton car crash
- Man dies in Mount Vernon car crash
- Vehicles crash into restaurants
- Man dies after being hit by car in Halifax
- Saskatoon police search for suspicious man
- 2 Islanders face impaired driving charges
One person is dead and 2 are missing after a lobster boat went aground and capsized off the coast of New Brunswick
Date 13 hrs ago, Duration 1:45, Views 5365
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 13 hrs ago 1:45
Tooltip Information:Tragedy for fishing communityVideo by:Description: One person is dead and 2 are missing after a lobster boat went aground and capsized off the coast of New BrunswickRating: 4Views: 5365