Green Party leader to run in Fredericton riding
Green Party Leader David Coon says he plans to run in the Fredericton-Silverwood riding in the next provincial election.
"Our family has decided to move back to Fredericton after living for a number of years in rural New Brunswick. We will be returning to the city's west side where we had previously lived, which puts us squarely in the riding of Fredericton-Silverwood,” wrote Coon in a release on Tuesday.
Coon had lived in Waweig in Charlotte County.
Now the Green Party’s Fredericton-Silverwood Riding District Association will have to determine when to have a nomination meeting.
In 2010 the Green Party candidate finished fourth in Fredericton-Silverwood with 11.9 per cent of the vote.
- B.C. teachers' strike: No school year start Tuesday
- Joan Rivers: Family remains hopeful for star's recovery
- Louisiana’s new restrictive abortion law won't be enforced yet, judge rules
- ISIS threat: Germany to send rifles and tanks to aid Kurds in Iraq
- Health Canada pulling last of citronella-based bug sprays
- China rejects open nominations for Hong Kong leadership
- Israel calls on region to rebuild, disarm Gaza
- Bolivian bus crash kills 10, injures 1 Canadian
- NATO pushes for bigger crisis response brigade
- Senegal Ebola case 'a top priority emergency,' WHO says
Fears are mounting in Bangkok that poor planning and lax law enforcement are tipping Thailand towards a waste crisis. Duration: 01:21
Date 41 mins ago, Duration 1:20, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 14-08-29 1:59
Tooltip Information:Topless toddler at swimming pool ends in scuffleVideo by:Description: Mother of 3-year-old girl says she was tripped by a lifeguard; complaints filed by and against mother.Rating: 3.18Views: 101846
Date 4 hrs ago 2:59
Tooltip Information:Citronella bug sprays pulled by Health CanadaVideo by:Description: Health Canada has ordered citronella-based bug sprays pulled from shelves across Canada, citing a lack of research into the safety of the products.Rating: 4Views: 51