Green Party leader to run in Fredericton riding
Green Party Leader David Coon says he plans to run in the Fredericton-Silverwood riding in the next provincial election.
"Our family has decided to move back to Fredericton after living for a number of years in rural New Brunswick. We will be returning to the city's west side where we had previously lived, which puts us squarely in the riding of Fredericton-Silverwood,” wrote Coon in a release on Tuesday.
Coon had lived in Waweig in Charlotte County.
Now the Green Party’s Fredericton-Silverwood Riding District Association will have to determine when to have a nomination meeting.
In 2010 the Green Party candidate finished fourth in Fredericton-Silverwood with 11.9 per cent of the vote.
- Clocks spring forward Sunday for daylight saving time
- Birth of Justin Trudeau's son poses political opportunity
- Courtney Love libel suit shows landmark 1964 case relevant in digital age
- Nahlah Ayed: Military observers in Crimea face risky situation
- 3 Mohawk protesters could be charged after Ontario rail blockade
- Ottawa man caught driving 190 km/h has Jaguar impounded
- Former PM Brian Mulroney says Putin is no Gorbachev
- Social media privacy being taught at high school
- Malaysia Airlines has good safety record
- 4 Mohawk protesters arrested in Ontario rail blockade
Barbara Byers, executive vice president of the Canadian Labour Congress, on gender equality in the workforce
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 4:06, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 3 hrs ago 1:46
Tooltip Information:Search for missing plane continuesVideo by:Description: The search for a missing passenger jet with 239 people on board is still underway in the South China SeaRating: 4Views: 184
Date 2 hrs ago 2:14
Tooltip Information:2 Canadians on board missing planeVideo by:Description: We are learning more about two Canadians who are among the missing on the Malaysian airlines flight, Aarti Pole reportsRating: 4Views: 0