Holiday drunk drivers nabbed by RNC
RNC officers spent their holidays catching multiple drunk drivers in the St. John's area.
A man spent his Boxing Day evening in the lockup after police charged him with drinking and driving.
The RNC picked up the man, 41, after he was involved in a two-car accident at 9 p.m. on Dec. 26 on Pitts Memorial Drive.
Police said the impaired driver is also charged with resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer.
Not long after that incident, RNC stopped a car in downtown St. John's and found another intoxicated driver. The man, 37, has been charged with driving without insurance, without registration and without a valid license, on top of a charge of driving while intoxicated.
His vehicle was impounded and he spent the night in the lockup.
Meanwhile, on Christmas Eve, staff at a St. John's business helped nab an impaired driver.
Restaurant staff called police at approximately 6 a.m. to report a possible drunk driver in a drive-thru.
The man, 27, has been charged with driving while intoxicated.
- Gas price jump 'doesn't make sense'
- Ron MacLean won't be reprimanded over Quebec refs comment
- Firefighters were unaware Peel warehouse contained explosive materials
- The Koch brothers: Who are they and why do Democrats hate them?
- Rail safety improvements announced by Lisa Raitt in wake of Lac-Mégantic
- Canada's Sports Hall of Fame to unveil inductees
- Canadian robbed in Guatemala
- Bionic eye allows Michigan man to see glimpses
- Justin Bieber apologizes for Japan war shrine visit
- Ukraine crisis: Lavrov vows response if Russians attacked in Ukraine
An emotional memorial service has taken place to remember the victims of the South Korean ferry disaster.
Date 27 mins ago, Duration 2:02, Views 0
Date 20 hrs ago 3:08
Tooltip Information:CBC reporter helps reconnect familyVideo by:Description: CBC's Neil Herland helped Perry Wilson reunite with his sister and brother after 20 years apart.Rating: 4.46Views: 5479
Date 6 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Ron MacLean's apology on Quebec refsVideo by:Description: Hockey Night In Canada commentator tries to extricate himself from hot water after comments about the impartiality of French-Canadian referees assigned to Montreal Canadiens playoff gamesRating: 3.31Views: 7492
Date 14-04-21 2:23
Tooltip Information:Waitresses lose jobs to foreign workersVideo by:Description: 2 servers say they were let go after working for years at a restaurant in SaskatchewanRating: 3.03Views: 44942