Holiday drunk drivers nabbed by RNC
RNC officers spent their holidays catching multiple drunk drivers in the St. John's area.
A man spent his Boxing Day evening in the lockup after police charged him with drinking and driving.
The RNC picked up the man, 41, after he was involved in a two-car accident at 9 p.m. on Dec. 26 on Pitts Memorial Drive.
Police said the impaired driver is also charged with resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer.
Not long after that incident, RNC stopped a car in downtown St. John's and found another intoxicated driver. The man, 37, has been charged with driving without insurance, without registration and without a valid license, on top of a charge of driving while intoxicated.
His vehicle was impounded and he spent the night in the lockup.
Meanwhile, on Christmas Eve, staff at a St. John's business helped nab an impaired driver.
Restaurant staff called police at approximately 6 a.m. to report a possible drunk driver in a drive-thru.
The man, 27, has been charged with driving while intoxicated.
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Crash cause coverup likely impossible
- TIFF 2014: Films, stars at 39th annual event to be unveiled today
- Omar Khadr case: CBC and other media seek access for interview
- Beef's environmental costs called exceptionally high
- Detroit bankruptcy: Retirees vote in favour of pension cuts
- Mike Duffy charged Senate to attend personal funerals, RCMP say
- Grizzly bear 'highway' uncovered in B.C. rainforest
- Indonesia election: Joko Widodo wins narrow victory
- The International 4: DOTA 2 winners Team Newbee crowned
- Indonesia election: Prabowo Subianto loses, angrily rejects process
Indonesia's next president faces challenges including cutting the country's controversial fuel subsidies.
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 1:03, Views 51
Date 14-07-21 2:11
Tooltip Information:Eviction notice served to City of VancouverVideo by:Description: First Nation supporters of a homeless camp at Oppenheimer Park say the city can't evict themRating: 3.75Views: 7191
Date 14-07-20 2:52
Tooltip Information:21-year-old found dead at music festivalVideo by:Description: Homicide investigators say Regina resident Nick Phongsavath was found dead in his tent Friday.Rating: 3Views: 6065