Holiday drunk drivers nabbed by RNC
RNC officers spent their holidays catching multiple drunk drivers in the St. John's area.
A man spent his Boxing Day evening in the lockup after police charged him with drinking and driving.
The RNC picked up the man, 41, after he was involved in a two-car accident at 9 p.m. on Dec. 26 on Pitts Memorial Drive.
Police said the impaired driver is also charged with resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer.
Not long after that incident, RNC stopped a car in downtown St. John's and found another intoxicated driver. The man, 37, has been charged with driving without insurance, without registration and without a valid license, on top of a charge of driving while intoxicated.
His vehicle was impounded and he spent the night in the lockup.
Meanwhile, on Christmas Eve, staff at a St. John's business helped nab an impaired driver.
Restaurant staff called police at approximately 6 a.m. to report a possible drunk driver in a drive-thru.
The man, 27, has been charged with driving while intoxicated.
- Nelson Mandela dead at 95
- Nelson Mandela: World leaders pay tribute
- RCMP head Bob Paulson supports DNA collection on arrest
- Tim Hortons boss accused of cheating Filipino workers for OT
- Rob Ford scandal: Why haven't charges been laid?
- Mission Asteroid explores future impact of space rocks
- Nigella Lawson: I won't be 'bullied by lies' on drug use
- Rob Ford documents: 8 revelations from wiretap evidence
- U.K. soldier Lee Rigby's accused killer describes attack
- Mike Duffy audit: Liberals to argue PMO breached privilege
Nelson Mandela has inspired a generation of people around the world, from actors and directors to famous footballers. Duration: 2:22
Date 20 mins ago, Duration 2:22, Views 1
Video by: AFP
Date 13-12-04 2:18
Tooltip Information:Nigella Lawson admits cocaine useVideo by:Description: Cooking glamour queen admits in a U.K. court that she took cocaine a few times, but denied habitually using illegal drugsRating: 2.81Views: 58480