New inn preparing to open on Fogo Island
The Shorefast Foundation started construction on a new inn on Fogo Island two years ago, and they are now getting ready to open their doors.
The wooden building has been surrounded by scaffolding for a year and a half for construction.
Shorefast CEO Tony Cobb says people were excited to finally see it taken down.
"To see their reaction when the scaffolding came down was just absolutely amazing," Cobb said. "The people were just blown away by the building."
He said the inn will be ready to open for business this spring.
- Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17: data recovered from cockpit voice recorder
- Gaza conflict: Air Canada, FAA extend flight ban to Tel Aviv
- Gun owners may face less red tape, new responsibilities under proposed law
- TransAsia flight crashes, dozens feared dead
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Victims’ bodies arrive in the Netherlands
- Great white shark near St. Andrews captured in vivid video
- Sears Canada, Reitmans & Indigo face battle for survival
- Andrei Anghel's family told not to go to Netherlands until MH17 victims ID'd
- Sammy Yatim's family files lawsuit against Toronto police
- Crocs to close up to 100 stores worldwide
Paul Adams sees a Red Cross evacuation mission come under attack by local people in Gaza City's Shejaiya neighbourhood
Date 20 mins ago, Duration 2:08, Views 0