New inn preparing to open on Fogo Island
The Shorefast Foundation started construction on a new inn on Fogo Island two years ago, and they are now getting ready to open their doors.
The wooden building has been surrounded by scaffolding for a year and a half for construction.
Shorefast CEO Tony Cobb says people were excited to finally see it taken down.
"To see their reaction when the scaffolding came down was just absolutely amazing," Cobb said. "The people were just blown away by the building."
He said the inn will be ready to open for business this spring.
- George Stroumboulopoulos to host Hockey Night in Canada next season
- Malaysia Airlines jet search turns up nothing but ocean trash
- Autistic son 'prisoner' in Ottawa hospital
- GTA home prices tell tale of 2 cities: condos vs. family homes
- Canada falling behind on promise to Syria's refugees
- HIV 'cure' for babies tested in Canada
- Months-long moving saga ends happily for Canadian couple
- Why bitcoin isn't dead yet
- Lev Tahor case: 7 children taken by child services in Ontario
- South Korean trade deal sets up fight between auto, agriculture sectors
Shelling continued on Monday in Iraq's city of Fallujah, held by anti-government fighters for more than two months. Duration: 00:31
Date 50 mins ago, Duration 0:30, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 4 hrs ago 0:37
Tooltip Information:RAW: Water main break floods McPhillips underpassVideo by:Description: A morning water main break flooded the McPhillips Street underpass and forced it to close to traffic.Rating: 4Views: 747954