New inn preparing to open on Fogo Island
The Shorefast Foundation started construction on a new inn on Fogo Island two years ago, and they are now getting ready to open their doors.
The wooden building has been surrounded by scaffolding for a year and a half for construction.
Shorefast CEO Tony Cobb says people were excited to finally see it taken down.
"To see their reaction when the scaffolding came down was just absolutely amazing," Cobb said. "The people were just blown away by the building."
He said the inn will be ready to open for business this spring.
- Scotland referendum: No to independence from U.K., voters decide
- B.C. teachers' strike is over: 86% vote 'yes' to accept deal
- Escape from Los Cabos: Some Canadians return, some stuck in hurricane zone
- Congress approves U.S. support for Syrian rebels fighting against ISIS
- 'Angelina Jolie effect' on breast cancer screening endures
- Florida shooting claims 8 lives, including 6 children
- Li Na forced to retire due to recurring knee injuries
- Serena Vermeersch, 17, killed in apparent random attack
- Justin Trudeau hits back at 'old men' over abortion stance criticism
- Home Depot admits 56 million cards hit by security breach
Challenges have arisen with some data missing after Ottawa bus-train crash.
Date 6 hrs ago, Duration 4:48, Views 584
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.32Views: 39271
Date 14-09-17 2:02
Tooltip Information:33-year-old's mysterious disappearanceVideo by:Description: Family members of Crystal Ratvay made a special plea for information to help them find the Abbotsford womanRating: 2.68Views: 28427