NewCap looking to sell western broadcast operations
Newfoundland Capital Corporation is putting its broadcasting operations in western Canada up for sale.
The sale would include 32 radio stations and two television stations, most of which are located in Alberta. NewCap says some of the money could be used to invest in areas closer to its base in Atlantic Canada, reducing debt or returning capital to its shareholders.
The company already owns most of the private radio stations in Newfoundland and Labrador, as well as several hotels in the province.
Newfoundland Capital is the parent company of Steele Communications.
- James Foley the subject of failed U.S. rescue mission in Syria
- RCMP look into Calgary link with possible Islamic militants
- Justin Trudeau says he wants 170 Liberal MPs in the House
- Neanderthals, humans may have coexisted for thousands of years
- Beautiful aurora photos taken from space
- Billy Crystal tabbed to give Robin Williams tribute at Emmys
- Mohamed Yaffa accuses Air Canada of discrimination because he's Muslim
- Canadian ambassador Andrew Bennett says religious freedom 'violated' in China
- Michael Brown shooting: Eric Holder meets victim's family
- Quebec NDP MP Sana Hassainia defects over Mideast position
Dave Belisle gives great post-game speech after loss.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 3:34, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14 hrs ago 3:54
Tooltip Information:Reaction to American journalist's deathVideo by:Description: U.S. president expected to make a statement today, British PM concerned the ISIS spokesman on the execution video speaks with English accentRating: 4.88Views: 17242
Date 13 hrs ago 2:04
Tooltip Information:Dinosaur egg excavation could yield rare fossilized babiesVideo by:Description: Paleontologists in Alberta say if a nest belonging to duck-billed dinosaurs is found, it would the first in CanadaRating: 5Views: 4127
Date 10 hrs ago 10:41
Tooltip Information:Ferguson looting victim speaksVideo by:Description: Jan Lalani owns a market with his father, established 20 years ago. It is the family's only source of incomeRating: 3.66Views: 1862