Nominations open for the Order of N.L.
The Order of Newfoundland and Labrador nominations are now being accepted by the provincial government.
It is the highest honour bestowed by the province, recognizing individuals who have demonstrated excellence and achievement in any field of endeavour.
Since 2004, there have been seven investitures, with 61 people receiving the honour.
Past recipients include Dr. Nigel Rusted, Paul O'Neill, Captain Sid Hynes and Lanier Phillips.
Nominations will be accepted until Jan. 31, and any person or group can nominate an individual.
Further information, as well as a nomination form, can be obtained on the provincial government website.
- Clocks spring forward Sunday for daylight saving time
- Nahlah Ayed: Military observers in Crimea face risky situation
- Birth of Justin Trudeau's son poses political opportunity
- 3 Mohawk protesters could be charged after Ontario rail blockade
- Social media privacy being taught at high school
- Ottawa man caught driving 190 km/h has Jaguar impounded
- Malaysia Airlines has good safety record
- 4 Mohawk protesters arrested in Ontario rail blockade
- Former PM Brian Mulroney says Putin is no Gorbachev
- New campaign aims to sway camera shy U.S. Supreme Court
A baby hippo has been born at Mexico City's Chapultepec Zoo - the first in 16 years.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:10, Views 0
Date 3 hrs ago 1:46
Tooltip Information:Search for missing plane continuesVideo by:Description: The search for a missing passenger jet with 239 people on board is still underway in the South China SeaRating: 4Views: 184
Date 2 hrs ago 2:14
Tooltip Information:2 Canadians on board missing planeVideo by:Description: We are learning more about two Canadians who are among the missing on the Malaysian airlines flight, Aarti Pole reportsRating: 4Views: 0