Nominations open for the Order of N.L.
The Order of Newfoundland and Labrador nominations are now being accepted by the provincial government.
It is the highest honour bestowed by the province, recognizing individuals who have demonstrated excellence and achievement in any field of endeavour.
Since 2004, there have been seven investitures, with 61 people receiving the honour.
Past recipients include Dr. Nigel Rusted, Paul O'Neill, Captain Sid Hynes and Lanier Phillips.
Nominations will be accepted until Jan. 31, and any person or group can nominate an individual.
Further information, as well as a nomination form, can be obtained on the provincial government website.
- South Korea ferry: 4 crew members detained
- Calgary stabbings: Zackariah Rathwell's family breaks silence
- Teen runaway survives flight in plane's wheel well
- Queen Elizabeth releases grinning portrait for 88th birthday
- Boston Marathon under tight security 1 year after bombing
- Mounties on medical, stress leave fear new dismissal process
- Ukraine crisis: Russia, Ukraine trade blame for deadly gun attack
- Mount Everest jump cancelled after deadly avalanche
- Malaysia Airlines MH370: Families want proof with financial help
- Pro-marijuana protesters hit Parliament Hill
Sharks continue their dominance of the Kings as they take a 2-0 series lead.
Date 49 mins ago, Duration 1:28, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 15 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76Video by:Description: Former professional boxer and long-time advocate for the wrongly convicted died Sunday in TorontoRating: 3.7Views: 18887
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3.1Views: 9805