Power gradually being restored for people on Northeast Avalon
As of 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, there are still reports of power outages for some customers on the east coast of Newfoundland following a blizzard that knocked power out in many parts of the island on Friday.
Michelle Coughlan with Newfoundland Power says they were down to about 300 customers who were still without power, and these remaining customers should expect power back Sunday evening.
At approximately 11:30 a.m. they were reporting 800 people were still dealing with power outages in their homes.
At one point during Friday's storm, there were an estimated 75,000 people reporting power outages across the island.
She said crews are now responding to individual isolated calls, which are more time consuming.
Anyone experiencing a power outage is encouraged to contact the utility by phone or by Twitter to ensure their outage has been logged into their system.
- Lee Joon-seok, South Korea ferry captain, faces 5 charges
- Calgary stabbings: Funerals for 3 of 5 victims set for Monday
- Air Canada investigating luggage toss caught on video
- Kevin Martin retires from curling
- Mount Everest avalanche: Search continues for buried Nepalese guides
- Amanda Todd case: Dutch suspect may have targeted other Canadian children
- Ukraine crisis: Pro-Russia militants shrug off Geneva deal
- N.B. officials warn of more flooding due to 35-km-long ice mass
- Anti-Semitic flyers rattle eastern Ukraine's Jewish community: Derek Stoffel
- Share a juicer, your dog or a room in your home? How the sharing economy took off
Ducks 'gamer' Getzlaf nets 2 points to sink Stars.
Date 43 mins ago, Duration 1:20, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 4Views: 206
Date 14-04-17 1:25
Tooltip Information:McDonald's foreign workers call it 'slavery'Video by:Description: Belizian temporary workers docked more pay for rent in corporate apartment than the cost incurred by McDonald'sRating: 3.68Views: 27736