Power gradually being restored for people on Northeast Avalon
As of 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, there are still reports of power outages for some customers on the east coast of Newfoundland following a blizzard that knocked power out in many parts of the island on Friday.
Michelle Coughlan with Newfoundland Power says they were down to about 300 customers who were still without power, and these remaining customers should expect power back Sunday evening.
At approximately 11:30 a.m. they were reporting 800 people were still dealing with power outages in their homes.
At one point during Friday's storm, there were an estimated 75,000 people reporting power outages across the island.
She said crews are now responding to individual isolated calls, which are more time consuming.
Anyone experiencing a power outage is encouraged to contact the utility by phone or by Twitter to ensure their outage has been logged into their system.
- NATO leaders' focus could be split between ISIS and Russia
- Nude celebrity photo leak casts iCloud over Apple launch
- Steven Sotloff beheading shown in video, ISIS claims
- Donovan Adams arrested in sex attack on 9-year-old Surrey girl
- Justin Bieber faces assault, dangerous driving charges in Ontario
- Polar vortex chills linked to melting sea ice
- Fred Brumwell wanted a Google job so badly, he rented a billboard
- Omar Khadr reattempts to sue Canada for $20M
- Burning wood indoors to cook raises health risks for billions
- Ukraine conflict: NATO seeks to ward off more Russian aggression
Tech expert Tim Bajarin says the problem is not in the Cloud but in our passwords
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 6:11, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories