Province leads employment growth in Canada
Numbers show Newfoundland and Labrador led the country in employment growth in 2012.
Statistics Canada says the number of jobs in the province grew by almost four per cent, bringing the unemployment rate down to 11.5 per cent.
Finance Minister Tom Marshall said investment in the province is spurring the growth.
"Capital investment, business capital investment in this province, it's 32 per cent up this year - it's $10 billion and it's driving employment," Marshall said.
"We have more people working in the province than at any time in our history."
Marshall said the new jobs consist of mainly full-time positions.
As a result, he said personal income tax revenue is up $100 million over last year.
- Clocks spring forward Sunday for daylight saving time
- Truckers reject Vancouver port deal: strike to begin Monday
- Birth of Justin Trudeau's son poses political opportunity
- Courtney Love libel suit shows landmark 1964 case relevant in digital age
- Nahlah Ayed: Military observers in Crimea face risky situation
- 3 Mohawk protesters could be charged after Ontario rail blockade
- Ottawa man caught driving 190 km/h has Jaguar impounded
- Unionized container truckers reject Vancouver port deal
- Former PM Brian Mulroney says Putin is no Gorbachev
- Social media privacy being taught at high school
Ron MacLean talks to Martin St. Louis about his move to New York, his Team Canada snub and current standing relationship with Steve Yzerman.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 5:58, Views 18
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 9 hrs ago 3:32
Tooltip Information:Stolen passports may be on planeVideo by:Description: There is mystery surrounding the identity of two passengers on the Malaysia Airlines flight, who may have been travelling on stolen passportsRating: 3.5Views: 2994
Date 8 hrs ago 3:16
Tooltip Information:Search for missing plane continuesVideo by:Description: The search for a missing passenger jet with 239 people on board is still underway in the South China Sea, with evidence of a possible crash site found between Malaysia and VietnamRating: 3.66Views: 2521
Date 2 hrs ago 7:36
Tooltip Information:Coach's Corner: Don Cherry says Roberto Luongo should 'keep his mouth shut'Video by:Description: Grapes says the former Vancouver goaltender shouldn't make fun of Canucks now that he's been dealt.Rating: 4Views: 169