RNC seeking information on theft
The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary is asking for the public's assistance regarding information about a robbery that took place around 12:30 a.m. Saturday in Mount Pearl.
Police said the suspect left the area before officers arrived on the scene.
They added that there were no injuries sustained by the victim.
Anyone with information about the incident can contact the RNC or Crime Stoppers.
Meanwhile, the RNC in Corner Brook have charged a man, 56, with theft.
Police received a complaint about the incident that took place at a business on O'Connell Drive.
The man will appear in court at a later date.
The RNC is also investigating a break and enter that happened Friday night in St. John's.
Police received a call that the intrusion was in progress in the city centre area.
The suspect fled the scene, but was apprehended a short time later by patrol officers.
A man, 29, has since been charged with common assault, uttering threats and trespassing.
- James Foley the subject of failed U.S. rescue mission in Syria
- RCMP look into Calgary link with possible Islamic militants
- Justin Trudeau says he wants 170 Liberal MPs in the House
- Neanderthals, humans may have coexisted for thousands of years
- Beautiful aurora photos taken from space
- Billy Crystal tabbed to give Robin Williams tribute at Emmys
- Mohamed Yaffa accuses Air Canada of discrimination because he's Muslim
- Canadian ambassador Andrew Bennett says religious freedom 'violated' in China
- Michael Brown shooting: Eric Holder meets victim's family
- Quebec NDP MP Sana Hassainia defects over Mideast position
Dave Belisle gives great post-game speech after loss.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 3:34, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14 hrs ago 3:54
Tooltip Information:Reaction to American journalist's deathVideo by:Description: U.S. president expected to make a statement today, British PM concerned the ISIS spokesman on the execution video speaks with English accentRating: 4.88Views: 17242
Date 13 hrs ago 2:04
Tooltip Information:Dinosaur egg excavation could yield rare fossilized babiesVideo by:Description: Paleontologists in Alberta say if a nest belonging to duck-billed dinosaurs is found, it would the first in CanadaRating: 5Views: 4127
Date 10 hrs ago 10:41
Tooltip Information:Ferguson looting victim speaksVideo by:Description: Jan Lalani owns a market with his father, established 20 years ago. It is the family's only source of incomeRating: 3.66Views: 1862