Secret documents sought in moose class-action
Lawyers representing victims of moose-vehicle accidents are scheduled to be in Supreme Court Thursday in an attempt to obtain secret cabinet documents.
The lawyers are seeking to have the documents disclosed for their class-action lawsuit.
The lawsuit was launched in 2011 against the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador over its failure to control moose accidents.
Lawyer Ches Crosbie said that except for the need to challenge the claim of immunity from disclosure of cabinet documents, the case has gone smoothly.
"I'm not unduly worried about it, but of course I don't know what's in them — which is the whole reason for seeing them — there could be something quite important there, could be, I just don't know," said Crosbie.
Crosbie expects lawyers will finish taking evidence from witnesses in April. He added that the case should be ready for trial early in the fall of 2013.
- Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 search expands to distant waters
- Pauline Marois says independent Quebec would welcome Canadian tourists
- 10 myths about taxes that mislead Canadians
- Average student debt difficult to pay off, delays life milestones
- Stephen Harper takes on Ford over South Korea trade deal
- Rich Peverley collapses on bench during game vs. Blue Jackets
- Obese girls tend to do worse in school, U.K. study says
- Barack Obama, on Funny or Die, hams it up for health care
- Oscar Pistorius 'had a big love of weapons,' friend testifies
- Lac-Mégantic mayor seeks rail safety upgrades in Washington
The Magic Flute by Mozart returns to a Paris stage, that of the Opera Bastille. Duration: 01:46
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:46, Views 7
Video by: AFP
Date 3 hrs ago 0:48
Tooltip Information:RAW Rail lights flashing at FallowfieldVideo by:Description: A look at the rail crossing earlier Tuesday morning as lights were flashing but the gates remained up.Rating: 4Views: 528777
Date 2 hrs ago 0:56
Tooltip Information:RAW: Extremely long traffic lineup in St. BonifaceVideo by:Description: Drivers are facing extremely long lineups and delays along Archibald Street as crews work to repair a water main.Rating: 4Views: 64863
Date 2 hrs ago 3:06
Tooltip Information:Wednesday snowstorm in forecast for HamiltonVideo by:Description: The CBC Weather Centre's Jay Scotland says Hamilton could receive as much as 16 cm of snow in a snowstorm that's expected to start on Tuesday night and continue into Wednesday.Rating: 4Views: 214761
Date 14-03-10 0:37
Tooltip Information:RAW: Water main break floods McPhillips underpassVideo by:Description: A morning water main break flooded the McPhillips Street underpass and forced it to close to traffic.Rating: 2.8Views: 1200161