2 arrested in robbery near Empire Theatres
Cape Breton Regonal Police arrested two people following a robbery near the Empire Theatres in Sydney on Saturday.
Police received a complaint around 8:30 p.m. that two men — one aged 17, the other 22 — held another man up at knifepoint and made off with some personal property.
The pair was arrested a short distance away. Police retrieved the stolen property and seized the weapons.
Both men will appear in court in February to answer to charges of robbery, possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace and carrying a concealed weapon.
- Derailed CN freight car hits Via Rail train near Gananoque
- Tory MP Eve Adams quits bitter nomination race, cites health
- Legendary Ojibwa sniper unsung hero of WW I
- Obama calls for release of Hadar Goldin, captured Israeli soldier
- 'Doug Ford is lying,' Toronto police chief says, threatening lawsuit
- Burlington Skyway closed all weekend as engineers assess damage
- Chief's $1M pay 'not reasonable,' Bernard Valcourt says
- Polar bear wins tug of war with Nunavut man over beluga
- Yvon Lambert appeals to public after losing 1976 Stanley Cup ring
- Huge waves detected in Arctic waters for 1st time
Indiana Pacers forward suffers gruesome injury during Team USA scrimmage.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 0:49, Views 76
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 3 hrs ago 0:49
Tooltip Information:Pacers' Paul George suffers gruesome serious leg injuryVideo by:Description: Indiana Pacers forward suffers gruesome injury during Team USA scrimmage.Rating: 4Views: 235
Date 9 hrs ago 7:13
Tooltip Information:Usain Bolt leads Jamaica's 4x100m relay team to the finalVideo by:Description: Watch the Jamaicans finish 1st in their heat and advance to the final.Rating: 4Views: 16