2 arrested in robbery near Empire Theatres
Cape Breton Regonal Police arrested two people following a robbery near the Empire Theatres in Sydney on Saturday.
Police received a complaint around 8:30 p.m. that two men — one aged 17, the other 22 — held another man up at knifepoint and made off with some personal property.
The pair was arrested a short distance away. Police retrieved the stolen property and seized the weapons.
Both men will appear in court in February to answer to charges of robbery, possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace and carrying a concealed weapon.
- Nelson Mandela ceremony sign language interpreter a 'fake'
- 1 person dead after crane falls into German supermarket
- Bruce Heyman, U.S. ambassador nominee, faces Senate hearing
- Pot-smoking Mountie Ron Francis charged with assault
- India gay sex ban reinstated by top court
- Nelson Mandela's flag-draped casket lies in state
- Listen to this morning's news in 2 minutes: #cbcAMexpress
- Former late-night CTV Ottawa anchor Leigh Chapple dies
- Scott Jones says he was attacked for being gay
- Hill staff asked to sign lifetime confidentiality agreements
Crews able to douse apartment fire in St. John's
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 0:25, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 23 hrs ago 0:30
Tooltip Information:Obama shakes Castro's handVideo by:Description: U.S. President Barack Obama shakes hands with Cuban President Raul Castro during the memorial service for Nelson MandelaRating: 3.32Views: 31198
Date 11 hrs ago 0:45
Tooltip Information:Police seek 'Dirty Dozen' bank robbersVideo by:Description: New images are unveiled of bank robbers sought by police forces across southern Ontario.Rating: 4Views: 608