2 arrested in robbery near Empire Theatres
Cape Breton Regonal Police arrested two people following a robbery near the Empire Theatres in Sydney on Saturday.
Police received a complaint around 8:30 p.m. that two men — one aged 17, the other 22 — held another man up at knifepoint and made off with some personal property.
The pair was arrested a short distance away. Police retrieved the stolen property and seized the weapons.
Both men will appear in court in February to answer to charges of robbery, possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace and carrying a concealed weapon.
- Russian troops have entered Ukraine, Ukraine president says
- Sunwing Flight 656: Melana Muzikante, Lilia Ratmanski face charges
- Hurricane Cristobal to bring wind, rain to Atlantic Canada
- Back-to-school stress: the warning signs and what to do
- Ebola cases could exceed 20,000, WHO says
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt married
- Thomas Lukaszuk's $20K cell bill triggered by cabinet minister's family dispute
- Murdered aboriginal women: What to know about a national public inquiry
- Hunger makes Quebec Inuit shorter than average: study
- From Ebola to Syria, UN says more than 100 million people need aid
Sunwing flight en route to Cuba forced to return to Toronto after two disruptive passengers cause a disturbance
Date 55 mins ago, Duration 2:40, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-08-24 3:24
Tooltip Information:Earthquake hits Napa ValleyVideo by:Description: Thousands are left without power after a magnitude 6 earthquake, the strongest to his the region since 1989Rating: 3.14Views: 119805
Date 22 hrs ago 0:30
Tooltip Information:Arizona gun instructor gives fatal Uzi lessonVideo by:Description: Images of the lesson stop just before 9-year-old accidentally shoots himRating: 1Views: 19372