2 arrested in robbery near Empire Theatres
Cape Breton Regonal Police arrested two people following a robbery near the Empire Theatres in Sydney on Saturday.
Police received a complaint around 8:30 p.m. that two men — one aged 17, the other 22 — held another man up at knifepoint and made off with some personal property.
The pair was arrested a short distance away. Police retrieved the stolen property and seized the weapons.
Both men will appear in court in February to answer to charges of robbery, possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace and carrying a concealed weapon.
- Enterovirus D-68: 8 things parents should know
- Why an anti-ISIS coalition could be 'a problem'
- Ebola outbreak by the numbers
- Mike Duffy case: Court in session Tuesday for senator's expenses case
- CRTC gets an earful at hearings on future of TV
- B.C. teachers' strike: Both sides back at bargaining table
- Taliban suicide bomber strikes NATO convoy, killing 3
- Ebola outbreak: Canada to donate $2.5M for protective equipment
- iOS 8: 8 new things
- Apple gives users ability to delete U2 album from iTunes
The president of Ghana calls for the easing of restrictions on West African countries fighting the ebola epidemic.
Date 5 hrs ago, Duration 1:50, Views 3
Date 20 hrs ago 2:27
Tooltip Information:Django Unchained actor cuffed by L.A. policeVideo by:Description: Daniele Watts detained. Police responded to complaint about 'indecent exposure' in a silver MercedesRating: 1.75Views: 6021
Date 14-09-14 6:17
Tooltip Information:How Britain is reacting to David Haines beheadingVideo by:Description: CBC News speaks with Fawaz Gerges, professor of international relations at the London School of Economics and Political ScienceRating: 3.31Views: 18154