2 arrested in robbery near Empire Theatres
Cape Breton Regonal Police arrested two people following a robbery near the Empire Theatres in Sydney on Saturday.
Police received a complaint around 8:30 p.m. that two men — one aged 17, the other 22 — held another man up at knifepoint and made off with some personal property.
The pair was arrested a short distance away. Police retrieved the stolen property and seized the weapons.
Both men will appear in court in February to answer to charges of robbery, possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace and carrying a concealed weapon.
- Calgary stabbing victim Zackariah Rathwell remembered
- Mount Everest avalanche: Sherpas hold walkout at base camp
- South Korea ferry: Identified deaths climb to 146
- Netflix set to 'grow like crazy' despite price increase
- Malaysia Airlines MH370: Australia to deploy powerful sonar in search
- B.C. car dealers may be violating drivers' privacy, claims whistleblower
- Shakespeare at 450: How science may have influenced his work
- Travel insurance and extreme sports: How Canadians can protect themselves
- Support pours in for Weyburn, Sask., waitresses who lost jobs
- Canadiens win Game 4, sweep Lightning
Egypt's next president will have to contend with frustrated workers who have threatened a new wave of nationwide strikes if their demands are not met b... More Egypt's next president will have to contend with frustrated workers who have threatened a new wave of nationwide strikes if their demands are not met by an already cash-strapped government. Duration:02:33
Date 59 mins ago, Duration 2:32, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 21 hrs ago 1:41
Tooltip Information:Gardens sex abuser back in court to face 108 chargesVideo by:Description: Gordon Stuckless will plead guilty to 103 of the new charges dating back several decades: lawyerRating: 3.35Views: 12990
Date 14-04-21 2:23
Tooltip Information:Waitresses lose jobs to foreign workersVideo by:Description: 2 servers say they were let go after working for years at a restaurant in SaskatchewanRating: 3.01Views: 39978
Date 8 hrs ago 3:17
Tooltip Information:B.C. car dealers may be violating drivers' privacy, claims whistleblowerVideo by:Description: A whistleblower in the auto sales industry says car dealers may be violating customers' privacy rights when they scan licences.Rating: 4Views: 490