3 cats killed in Spryfield fire
A woman and her dog escaped a house fire in the Spryfield area of Halifax Saturday afternoon, but three cats died, according to fire crews.
Platoon Chief Mike Blackburn said his team was called to a duplex on Thornhill Drive around 2:30 p.m.
"On arrival the crews were faced with a heavy smoke condition. They entered the structure and encountered a fire in the basement. The fire was quickly extinguished. We had significant fire to the basement with heat and smoke damage throughout the first, second and third," he said.
Blackburn said the woman made it out of the house unharmed.
He said the fire did not spread to the other side of the duplex.
The fire department is investigating what caused the fire.
- Rehtaeh Parsons suspect accused of threatening girl's father
- Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 will be found, expert says
- Rob Ford’s 'cranes in the sky' line examined by economists
- 4 new species of 'killer' sponges discovered off Pacific coast
- Air Canada investigating luggage toss caught on video
- New Brunswick flood concerns continue
- How dearth of Canadian teams in NHL hockey playoffs will hit local economies
- Mount Everest avalanche: 13th body pulled from snow
- Ralph Nader slams GM's stance on 'hypothetical casualties'
- Calgary stabbings: Funerals for 3 of 5 victims set for Monday
The search resumes for three missing local guides after an avalanche kills 13 Sherpas on the slopes of Mount Everest.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:38, Views 86
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3Views: 1221
Date 14-04-17 1:25
Tooltip Information:McDonald's foreign workers call it 'slavery'Video by:Description: Belizian temporary workers docked more pay for rent in corporate apartment than the cost incurred by McDonald'sRating: 3.68Views: 28327