3 cats killed in Spryfield fire
A woman and her dog escaped a house fire in the Spryfield area of Halifax Saturday afternoon, but three cats died, according to fire crews.
Platoon Chief Mike Blackburn said his team was called to a duplex on Thornhill Drive around 2:30 p.m.
"On arrival the crews were faced with a heavy smoke condition. They entered the structure and encountered a fire in the basement. The fire was quickly extinguished. We had significant fire to the basement with heat and smoke damage throughout the first, second and third," he said.
Blackburn said the woman made it out of the house unharmed.
He said the fire did not spread to the other side of the duplex.
The fire department is investigating what caused the fire.
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Crash cause coverup likely impossible
- Beef's environmental costs called exceptionally high
- Detroit bankruptcy: Retirees vote in favour of pension cuts
- Mike Duffy charged Senate to attend personal funerals, RCMP say
- Grizzly bear 'highway' uncovered in B.C. rainforest
- Indonesia election: Prabowo Subianto loses, angrily rejects process
- The International 4: DOTA 2 winners Team Newbee crowned
- SkyTrain reopens after power outage
- Boston Marathon bombing suspect's friend convicted of impeding probe
- Virtuous Pedophiles group gives support therapy cannot
Indonesia's next president faces challenges including cutting the country's controversial fuel subsidies.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:03, Views 6
Date 14-07-20 2:52
Tooltip Information:21-year-old found dead at music festivalVideo by:Description: Homicide investigators say Regina resident Nick Phongsavath was found dead in his tent Friday.Rating: 3Views: 6002
Date 14-07-21 2:11
Tooltip Information:Eviction notice served to City of VancouverVideo by:Description: First Nation supporters of a homeless camp at Oppenheimer Park say the city can't evict themRating: 3.75Views: 7130