A woman and her dog escaped a house fire in the Spryfield area of Halifax Saturday afternoon, but three cats died, according to fire crews.
Platoon Chief Mike Blackburn said his team was called to a duplex on Thornhill Drive around 2:30 p.m.
"On arrival the crews were faced with a heavy smoke condition. They entered the structure and encountered a fire in the basement. The fire was quickly extinguished. We had significant fire to the basement with heat and smoke damage throughout the first, second and third," he said.
Blackburn said the woman made it out of the house unharmed.
He said the fire did not spread to the other side of the duplex.
The fire department is investigating what caused the fire.
- No injuries in senior’s apartment blaze Saturday
- Saskatoon firefighters battle early morning house-fire
- Probe into Moncton house fire underway
- Fire destroys, damages 2 homes hours after ban lifted
- Barrie man dies after house fire
- East-end blaze leaves seven homeless
- Fire guts townhouse
- Saskatoon bungalow fire deemed suspicious
- Early morning fire destroys house
- Fire causes $100K in damage at interior design shop
CGA Vice President discusses why Canadians live paycheque to paycheque
Date 13-05-23, Duration 4:24, Views 535
Video by: CBC - Business
Date 13-05-22 0:18
Tooltip Information:London attack (Graphic content)Video by:Description: A man with bloodied hands and holding a cleaver speaks to a video camera near a London military barracks where one person was killed.Rating: 2.48Views: 59891
Date 13-05-25 1:55
Tooltip Information:Violent attack in Huntington HillsVideo by:Description: Details have yet to emerge about a violent altercation in N.E. Calgary that killed one person and sent another to hospital.Rating: 1Views: 12325