The trial of an 18-year-old man accused of second-degree murder in Sydney has entered the second week.
Monday morning, the Crown prosecutor called the last of its 20 witnesses.
Paul Perry, the manager of communications for the Cape Breton Regional Municipality, was the first witness called to the stand.
Perry testified there was only one 911 call made from the home where the victim was found on December 3, 2010.
Previously the accused's grandfather, who lived in the house where the victim was found, testified that both he and the accused made a call to 911.
Perry said there was only one other 911 call. That call was made by witness Donna MacDonald from a convenience store.
Const. Dave Morrison, with the Cape Breton Regional Police identification unit, was also called to the witness stand. He went over, in detail, all the items seized from the home where the incident occurred.
Morrison also testified to seeing the accused in the interview room at the police station soon after he was arrested. He said the accused seemed asleep, almost sedated.
The case is being held in provincial youth court, because the man was only 16 at the time of the incident.
The Crown is expected to finish its portion of the trial Monday afternoon.
The defence will begin hearing testimony on Tuesday.
Get forecast by town or city
Possible matches are listed below. Please select a location from the list below or enter a new location in the text box above.