Former Halifax mayor settles with Thibeault heirs
The legal proceedings against former Halifax Mayor Peter Kelly in connection with his duties as the executor of an estate are now officially over.
He and the woman's beneficiaries took part in mediation that has resulted in a settlement. A judge signed off on the agreement on Monday.
Lawyers involved in the settlement say there's an agreement not to share any details.
It has been a long, and at times, acrimonious journey for both Kelly and the heirs to Mary Thibeault's estate.
She died in 2004, appointing Kelly as executor.
It took years after she died for the beneficiaries of her will to get what she left them.
Last fall, Kelly filed his accounting of the administration of the will and agreed to step aside as executor.
That cleared the way for a mediated settlement.
According to Kelly's final accounting, Thibeault's estate was worth nearly $700,000.
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Crash cause coverup likely impossible
- Beef's environmental costs called exceptionally high
- Detroit bankruptcy: Retirees vote in favour of pension cuts
- Mike Duffy charged Senate to attend personal funerals, RCMP say
- Grizzly bear 'highway' uncovered in B.C. rainforest
- Indonesia election: Prabowo Subianto loses, angrily rejects process
- The International 4: DOTA 2 winners Team Newbee crowned
- SkyTrain reopens after power outage
- Boston Marathon bombing suspect's friend convicted of impeding probe
- Virtuous Pedophiles group gives support therapy cannot
Indonesia's next president faces challenges including cutting the country's controversial fuel subsidies.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:03, Views 6
Date 14-07-20 2:52
Tooltip Information:21-year-old found dead at music festivalVideo by:Description: Homicide investigators say Regina resident Nick Phongsavath was found dead in his tent Friday.Rating: 3Views: 6002
Date 14-07-21 2:11
Tooltip Information:Eviction notice served to City of VancouverVideo by:Description: First Nation supporters of a homeless camp at Oppenheimer Park say the city can't evict themRating: 3.75Views: 7130