Stolen trailer carrying corrosive chemicals located
A stolen transport trailer carrying harmful chemicals was found west of Toronto after someone tipped off investigators, according to police.
Peel officers said the truck with Nova Scotia plates was loaded with sulphuric acid, sodium hydroxide, and potassium hydroxide when it was stolen from a trucking spot in Mississauga on Friday.
Investigators said when they tracked down the trailer the dangerous chemicals were still intact.
There's no word yet on any suspects.
With files from the Canadian Press
- Nelson Mandela memorial: South Africa deals with logistical crunch
- Mother with dementia 'warehoused,' daughter says
- Justin Bieber raises funds for Philippines' Typhoon Haiyan victims
- Is it a good time to be 'Indian?'
- Rob Ford admits having 'issue' with Toronto police chief
- Plastic gun ban renewed by U.S. Congress
- Thailand PM Yingluck Shinawatra won't resign before elections
- U.S. sells all its GM shares taking $10B loss
- Canada's claim to Arctic riches includes the North Pole
- Quebec school bus driver dies after crashing into tree
A crash involving two vehicles on Winnipeg's Overdale Street has some wondering why city crews took so long to clear snow from residential streets.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:21, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 7 hrs ago 2:23
Tooltip Information:Manitoba MP upset after aboriginal women denied flightVideo by:Description: Manitoba NDP MP MP is crying discrimination after two aboriginal women from Winnipeg were not allowed to board a flight to Ottawa with her, even though they had tickets.Rating: 5Views: 1081
Date 7 hrs ago 4:18
Tooltip Information:Canada set up spy posts for U.S.Video by:Description: Top secret documents reveal Canada set up global spying posts and conducted espionage at the request of the U.S. National Security AgencyRating: 4Views: 670