Stolen trailer carrying corrosive chemicals located
A stolen transport trailer carrying harmful chemicals was found west of Toronto after someone tipped off investigators, according to police.
Peel officers said the truck with Nova Scotia plates was loaded with sulphuric acid, sodium hydroxide, and potassium hydroxide when it was stolen from a trucking spot in Mississauga on Friday.
Investigators said when they tracked down the trailer the dangerous chemicals were still intact.
There's no word yet on any suspects.
With files from the Canadian Press
- Gaza conflict: At least 15 dead after tank shells hit UN school
- Alison Redford flights: opposition politicians want RCMP probe
- Andrew Leduc hit-and-run death: Civilian RCMP contractor cleared of wrongdoing
- Theodore Van Kirk, last Enola Gay crew member, dead at 93
- Azaria Marthyman, Ebola doctor, returns home to Victoria
- NATO's Canadian commander in Libya 'disappointed' with lack of progress
- Jake Gardiner signs 5-year, $20.25M deal with Leafs: reports
- Lord Nelson, wheelchair-accessible tall ship, sails into Halifax
- First Nations divided on new Financial Transparency Act
- Damian Warner wins Commonwealth Games decathlon
A burst water main on Los Angeles' iconic Sunset Boulevard has caused flooding at the University of California, Los Angeles, local officials say.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 0:51, Views 8
Date 7 hrs ago 0:30
Tooltip Information:Commonwealth weightlifting gold medallist tests positiveVideo by:Description: 16-year-old Nigerian weightlifter Chika Amalaha has tested positive for banned drugsRating: 3Views: 4392