Pedestrian killed in Casselman collision
A young man has died after he was struck by a pick-up truck overnight while walking along Route 500 in Casselman, Ont., about 60 kilometres east of Ottawa.
The incident happened at about 12:15 a.m.
The man was hit by a F150 pick-up truck driven by an 18-year-old man, according to Ontario Provincial Police.
Nicholas Holliday, 19, of Casselman, was taken to hospital where he died from his injuries.
OPP collision investigators are aiding in the investigation.
- Malaysia Airlines jet mystery: 'plane door' not recovered
- Canadian Screen Awards 2014: Orphan Black, Gabrielle win
- North Korea's Kim Jong-un holds 1st parliament election in 5 years
- 'West is best' on job creation, economists agree
- Lake Louise avalanche victims didn't have proper gear
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- 2 more Lev Tahor members apprehended at Calgary airport
- Ali Moustafa, Toronto-born journalist, killed in Syria
- 'Dead' Mexican capo Nazario Moreno Gonzalez killed in shootout
- Psychiatric community care: Belgian town sets gold standard
A Toronto photojournalist has been killed in Syria.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 2:22, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 12 hrs ago 1:55
Tooltip Information:RAW: Black bear determined to have a snackVideo by:Description: Outfitter Pat Garrett shot this video of a black bear back in May 2013 - but it is only now going viral.Rating: 3.71Views: 30911
Date 14-03-08 3:32
Tooltip Information:Stolen passports may be on planeVideo by:Description: There is mystery surrounding the identity of two passengers on the Malaysia Airlines flight, who may have been travelling on stolen passportsRating: 2.83Views: 9531
Date 14-03-08 2:14
Tooltip Information:2 Canadians on board missing planeVideo by:Description: We are learning more about two Canadians who are among the missing on the Malaysian airlines flight, Aarti Pole reportsRating: 4Views: 10031