Pedestrian killed in Casselman collision
A young man has died after he was struck by a pick-up truck overnight while walking along Route 500 in Casselman, Ont., about 60 kilometres east of Ottawa.
The incident happened at about 12:15 a.m.
The man was hit by a F150 pick-up truck driven by an 18-year-old man, according to Ontario Provincial Police.
Nicholas Holliday, 19, of Casselman, was taken to hospital where he died from his injuries.
OPP collision investigators are aiding in the investigation.
- Alison Redford flights: opposition politicians want RCMP probe
- Azaria Marthyman, Ebola doctor, returns home to Victoria
- Jake Gardiner signs 5-year, $20.25M deal with Leafs: reports
- Lord Nelson, wheelchair-accessible tall ship, sails into Halifax
- Damian Warner wins Commonwealth Games decathlon
- Twitter stock up 30% as company doubles revenue
- Athabasca's Dover oilsands deal held up by Chinese corruption probe
- Craig Premack recounts being shot during Cache Creek bike race
- Shale gas protesters sentenced to 15 months for violent clash with RCMP
- Ebola outbreak: More than doctors needed to contain West Africa's unprecedented crisis
Hammer thrower Jim Steacy of Lethbridge, Alberta won the men's event
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:51, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 3 hrs ago 0:30
Tooltip Information:Commonwealth weightlifting gold medallist tests positiveVideo by:Description: 16-year-old Nigerian weightlifter Chika Amalaha has tested positive for banned drugsRating: 4Views: 463