Pedestrian killed in Casselman collision
A young man has died after he was struck by a pick-up truck overnight while walking along Route 500 in Casselman, Ont., about 60 kilometres east of Ottawa.
The incident happened at about 12:15 a.m.
The man was hit by a F150 pick-up truck driven by an 18-year-old man, according to Ontario Provincial Police.
Nicholas Holliday, 19, of Casselman, was taken to hospital where he died from his injuries.
OPP collision investigators are aiding in the investigation.
- Harper, Canadian delegation departs for South Africa for Mandela tributes
- Kim Jong-un's uncle removed from power
- Ukraine sees largest anti-government protest since 2004
- Sales of Canadian guns, ammunition surge overseas
- Thai crisis deepens as opposition quits parliament
- Pauline Marois honours Lac-Mégantic emergency crews
- Man steals two vehicles, crashes into six cruisers: police
- Prairie deep freeze means more wind chill warnings
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Rob Ford upstages Santa Claus at Etobicoke parade
Anti-government protesters toppled a statue of Bolshevik leader and founder of the Soviet Union, Vladimir Lenin
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 3:41, Views 3
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 13-12-07 1:57
Tooltip Information:J.S. Giguere flips outVideo by:Description: Colorado Avalanche goalie pushes the net after a Flames goal is scored because he believes he was interfered with by Lee Stempniak.Rating: 3Views: 11912
Date 23 hrs ago 2:08
Tooltip Information:Ford paradeVideo by:Description: Shut out of the Toronto Santa Claus parade last month, a jolly Toronto Mayor Rob Ford was welcomed with mixed feelings as he strolled down Lake Shore Boulevard for Etobicoke’s annual parade on Saturday.Rating: 3.75Views: 5130