Pedestrian killed in Casselman collision
A young man has died after he was struck by a pick-up truck overnight while walking along Route 500 in Casselman, Ont., about 60 kilometres east of Ottawa.
The incident happened at about 12:15 a.m.
The man was hit by a F150 pick-up truck driven by an 18-year-old man, according to Ontario Provincial Police.
Nicholas Holliday, 19, of Casselman, was taken to hospital where he died from his injuries.
OPP collision investigators are aiding in the investigation.
- Canada Post to phase out urban home mail delivery
- Rob Ford won't see Conrad Black endorse his re-election bid
- Cough syrup, marijuana gain popularity among students
- A visit to Nelson Mandela's prison on Robben Island
- Nelson Mandela among 'genuine greats of history,' says Brian Mulroney
- Canada Post: Mail volume, costs, and other quick facts
- Australia's top court strikes down gay marriage law
- Turn down Christmas music or face $500 fine, Kelowna man told
- Nelson Mandela ceremony sign language interpreter a 'fake'
- Edmonton car dealer sold luxury SUV to psychiatric patient
Pope Francis beat out NSA leaker Edward Snowden, the president of Iran and Miley Cirus as Time magazine's Person of the Year. Catherine Cullen explains... More Pope Francis beat out NSA leaker Edward Snowden, the president of Iran and Miley Cirus as Time magazine's Person of the Year. Catherine Cullen explains why
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 2:19, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 15 hrs ago 3:34
Tooltip Information:Sign language interpreter a 'fake'?Video by:Description: Head of South Africa's deaf federation says 'no meaning' to hand gestures of man next to world leadersRating: 3.62Views: 16915
Date 13-12-10 0:30
Tooltip Information:Obama shakes Castro's handVideo by:Description: U.S. President Barack Obama shakes hands with Cuban President Raul Castro during the memorial service for Nelson MandelaRating: 3.45Views: 39426