Man hospitalized after altercation in Charlottetown
Two Charlottetown residents are facing charges of assault causing bodily harm after an altercation early Sunday morning sent one man to hospital with serious injuries.
Police said they were called to a disturbance on Kent Street near Prince Street around 2:30 a.m.
Officers later arrested a 20-year-old man in front of the Pizza Brothers restaurant. They also arrested a 20-year-old female and both have since been released.
Police said the 23-year-old hospitalized man has been released from the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
The case is still under investigation.
"There was a lot of people in the area at the time. There was a large group of people. They're still conducting interviews and whatnot from witnesses, so it's probably going to be a little while before they get that all cleared up," said Charlottetown Police Sgt. Shane Carr.
The two accused will appear in court in late February.
- Man charged with assault following altercation
- 2 charged in Behchoko, N.W.T., attack on delivery person
- People in Charlottetown aim to cut water use
- Winnipeg police charge 2 women in Johnny G’s killing
- Man critically hurt in Gatineau bar fight stabbing
- RCMP find 850 marijuana plants in Annapolis Valley
- Police arrest man after foot chase
- Man faces 10 charges in Toronto car-jacking
- Second suspect arrested in Tim Bosma murder case
- Rival gang murder conspiracy foiled, police say
CGA Vice President discusses why Canadians live paycheque to paycheque
Date 13-05-23, Duration 4:24, Views 1194
Video by: CBC - Business
Date 13-05-22 0:18
Tooltip Information:London attack (Graphic content)Video by:Description: A man with bloodied hands and holding a cleaver speaks to a video camera near a London military barracks where one person was killed.Rating: 2.44Views: 60233
Date 13-05-25 1:55
Tooltip Information:Violent attack in Huntington HillsVideo by:Description: Details have yet to emerge about a violent altercation in N.E. Calgary that killed one person and sent another to hospital.Rating: 1Views: 12474