Man hospitalized after altercation in Charlottetown
Two Charlottetown residents are facing charges of assault causing bodily harm after an altercation early Sunday morning sent one man to hospital with serious injuries.
Police said they were called to a disturbance on Kent Street near Prince Street around 2:30 a.m.
Officers later arrested a 20-year-old man in front of the Pizza Brothers restaurant. They also arrested a 20-year-old female and both have since been released.
Police said the 23-year-old hospitalized man has been released from the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
The case is still under investigation.
"There was a lot of people in the area at the time. There was a large group of people. They're still conducting interviews and whatnot from witnesses, so it's probably going to be a little while before they get that all cleared up," said Charlottetown Police Sgt. Shane Carr.
The two accused will appear in court in late February.
- Gaza conflict: Israel agrees to 12-hour ceasefire
- Ukraine crisis: Russia firing artillery at Ukraine troops, U.S. says
- E-cigarette market on fire while scientists wage heated debate
- Rob Ford: Toronto mayor hosts Ford Fest bash
- Ali Shahi charged after Sunwing plane makes emergency landing in Toronto
- Vegetarian or flexitarian: How much meat do you really want to give up?
- Canada's defence diplomacy hurt by tight budget, report says
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017 crash: Plane 'disintegrated,' French officials say
- Beverley McLachlin, chief justice, deserves apology from PM, international jurists say
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017: Quebec's Burkina Faso community mourns
Savard wins the gold with a time of 57.40 seconds .
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 2:55, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 23 hrs ago 0:20
Tooltip Information:Canadian women's rhythmic gymnastics team wins goldVideo by:Description: Canada's second gold medal of the Commonwealth Games.Rating: 4Views: 1971