New West Prince clinic holds open house
The new health clinic in O'Leary is set to open in just over a week, but the facility is being opened up Friday afternoon for an open house.
Dr. Gil Grimes said patients he was seeing at the O'Leary Health Centre, who want to transfer to the West Prince Family Health Clinic are doing so, and the new medical graduate he's opening the clinic with is signing up new patients.
Grimes said Dr. Katherine Burleigh has already taken a number of people off Health PEI's patients registry.
"I think she's got about 400 people already assigned to her, and she's going to just continue to add people as time goes by," he said.
"I think her plan is to add a couple of hundred people a month to her list."
Burleigh graduated this summer from P.E.I.'s family medicine residency program.
"She has been doing some walk-in clinics in O'Leary, so a lot of her patients have seen her already," said Grimes.
Grimes said construction delays pushed back the opening by a few months. The clinic will start seeing patients Jan. 21. People are welcome to drop by the new facility, next to Guardian Drugs, from 1-4 p.m. Friday.
- Lee Joon-seok, South Korea ferry captain, faces 5 charges
- Calgary stabbings: Funerals for 3 of 5 victims set for Monday
- Air Canada investigating luggage toss caught on video
- Kevin Martin retires from curling
- Mount Everest avalanche: Search continues for buried Nepalese guides
- Amanda Todd case: Dutch suspect may have targeted other Canadian children
- Ukraine crisis: Pro-Russia militants shrug off Geneva deal
- N.B. officials warn of more flooding due to 35-km-long ice mass
- Anti-Semitic flyers rattle eastern Ukraine's Jewish community: Derek Stoffel
- Share a juicer, your dog or a room in your home? How the sharing economy took off
Ducks 'gamer' Getzlaf nets 2 points to sink Stars.
Date 43 mins ago, Duration 1:20, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 4Views: 206
Date 14-04-17 1:25
Tooltip Information:McDonald's foreign workers call it 'slavery'Video by:Description: Belizian temporary workers docked more pay for rent in corporate apartment than the cost incurred by McDonald'sRating: 3.68Views: 27736