New West Prince clinic holds open house
The new health clinic in O'Leary is set to open in just over a week, but the facility is being opened up Friday afternoon for an open house.
Dr. Gil Grimes said patients he was seeing at the O'Leary Health Centre, who want to transfer to the West Prince Family Health Clinic are doing so, and the new medical graduate he's opening the clinic with is signing up new patients.
Grimes said Dr. Katherine Burleigh has already taken a number of people off Health PEI's patients registry.
"I think she's got about 400 people already assigned to her, and she's going to just continue to add people as time goes by," he said.
"I think her plan is to add a couple of hundred people a month to her list."
Burleigh graduated this summer from P.E.I.'s family medicine residency program.
"She has been doing some walk-in clinics in O'Leary, so a lot of her patients have seen her already," said Grimes.
Grimes said construction delays pushed back the opening by a few months. The clinic will start seeing patients Jan. 21. People are welcome to drop by the new facility, next to Guardian Drugs, from 1-4 p.m. Friday.
- Alison Redford flights: opposition politicians want RCMP probe
- Andrew Leduc hit-and-run death: Civilian RCMP contractor cleared of wrongdoing
- Theodore Van Kirk, last Enola Gay crew member, dead at 93
- Azaria Marthyman, Ebola doctor, returns home to Victoria
- NATO's Canadian commander in Libya 'disappointed' with lack of progress
- Jake Gardiner signs 5-year, $20.25M deal with Leafs: reports
- Lord Nelson, wheelchair-accessible tall ship, sails into Halifax
- First Nations divided on new Financial Transparency Act
- Damian Warner wins Commonwealth Games decathlon
- Twitter stock up 30% as company doubles revenue
Marcus Stroman, Blue Jays mow down Red Sox.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:44, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 8 hrs ago 0:30
Tooltip Information:Commonwealth weightlifting gold medallist tests positiveVideo by:Description: 16-year-old Nigerian weightlifter Chika Amalaha has tested positive for banned drugsRating: 3Views: 4392
Date 2 hrs ago 0:43
Tooltip Information:Marie-Ève Beauchemin-Nadeau interviewVideo by:Description: Canadian talks about her gold medal performance in the women's 75-kilogram weightlifting division.Rating: 4Views: 0