Stratford man charged in home invasion, hotel break in
A 22-year-old Stratford man faces a list charges stemming from two break and enters on the same night, say police.
The RCMP said they were called just before 3 a.m. on Saturday to a home invasion where two men confronted a couple in their 20s and made off with some cash.
On the same night, Mounties were called to a break and enter at the Southport Motel in Stratford.
Police arrested two men at the scene.
Edward Joseph Phalen has been charged with robbery, break and enter, assault, mischief, theft and breach of probation.
Police are still looking for a second suspect they say was involved in the home robbery.
- Police arrest man after foot chase
- Grande Prairie suspect arrested after manhunt
- Money Mart worker abducted in March robbery
- Robbery suspect turns himself in
- Gunman escapes on bicycle
- Three boys charged in pair of armed robberies
- Police lay charges in slew of Winnipeg restaurant robberies
- Man faces 10 charges in Toronto car-jacking
- Police search for female witness to 'horrific' cold case robbery
- Teen charged after gas station robbery
The first woman to join the RCMP's Musical Ride has filed a multimillion-dollar lawsuit alleging sex assault and harassment
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 2:29, Views 974
Video by: CBC - Top Stories