Stratford man charged in home invasion, hotel break in
A 22-year-old Stratford man faces a list charges stemming from two break and enters on the same night, say police.
The RCMP said they were called just before 3 a.m. on Saturday to a home invasion where two men confronted a couple in their 20s and made off with some cash.
On the same night, Mounties were called to a break and enter at the Southport Motel in Stratford.
Police arrested two men at the scene.
Edward Joseph Phalen has been charged with robbery, break and enter, assault, mischief, theft and breach of probation.
Police are still looking for a second suspect they say was involved in the home robbery.
- Gaza conflict: Israel says Palestinian rocket misfire hit al-Shifa hospital
- Addison Hall death: Police to probe car in Costco crash
- Ross Lockwood returns to Earth after 4 months on (simulated) Mars
- Paying off your mortgage faster can pay huge dividends
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Police team turns back from Ukraine crash site
- Nigel Wright, Harper's ex-chief of staff, returns to Onex
- Volvo's new road-sensing safety features go the extra mile
- Aviation safety by the numbers
- Environment Canada to determine if tornado hit Waterloo Region
- Ebola: President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf restricts movements in Liberia
Haiti celebrates the Carnival of Flowers in an explosion of dance, music, costumes and colour. Duration: 00:37
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 0:36, Views 203
Video by: AFP
Date 3 hrs ago 5:04
Tooltip Information:Damian Warner shatters men's decathlon 100m recordVideo by:Description: The Canadian impresses with a record time in Glasgow.Rating: 4Views: 232
Date 5 hrs ago 4:04
Tooltip Information:Team South Africa defeat powerhouse All Blacks for rugby goldVideo by:Description: Four-time Commonwealth Games champions settle for silver.Rating: 4Views: 184