Stratford man charged in home invasion, hotel break in
A 22-year-old Stratford man faces a list charges stemming from two break and enters on the same night, say police.
The RCMP said they were called just before 3 a.m. on Saturday to a home invasion where two men confronted a couple in their 20s and made off with some cash.
On the same night, Mounties were called to a break and enter at the Southport Motel in Stratford.
Police arrested two men at the scene.
Edward Joseph Phalen has been charged with robbery, break and enter, assault, mischief, theft and breach of probation.
Police are still looking for a second suspect they say was involved in the home robbery.
- Canada plans legislation to end pay-to-pay billing fees
- Asteroid smash-up captured by NASA telescope
- Ebola outbreak: ZMapp protects sick monkeys
- Is it time for higher speed limits on Canada's highways?
- B.C. teachers' strike: When could classes start?
- Sunwing Flight 656: Why passengers are unlikely to win damages due to unruly fliers
- Is mapping the North Pole seabed worth the time and money?
- David Cameron, British PM, plans new laws to tackle terrorism threat
- Iraq to receive $2.75M in Canadian aid as military supplies arrive
- Premiers agree to move forward with a national energy strategy
Chester gets used to a new environment at the Vancouver Aquarium's Marine Mammal Rescue Centre
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:00, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-08-29 1:59
Tooltip Information:Topless toddler at swimming pool ends in scuffleVideo by:Description: Mother of 3-year-old girl says she was tripped by a lifeguard; complaints filed by and against mother.Rating: 3.23Views: 84905
Date 3 hrs ago 3:42
Tooltip Information:Tourists, children injured in B.C. tour bus crashVideo by:Description: Tour operator Super Vacation says it is trying to bring the injured back to the Lower MainlandRating: 4Views: 34
Date 14-08-29 4:26
Tooltip Information:Calgary brothers fight for ISISVideo by:Description: Two more Canadians are on the list of foreign fighters with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, CBC's Adrienne Arsenault reportsRating: 3.28Views: 24943