Stratford man charged in home invasion, hotel break in
A 22-year-old Stratford man faces a list charges stemming from two break and enters on the same night, say police.
The RCMP said they were called just before 3 a.m. on Saturday to a home invasion where two men confronted a couple in their 20s and made off with some cash.
On the same night, Mounties were called to a break and enter at the Southport Motel in Stratford.
Police arrested two men at the scene.
Edward Joseph Phalen has been charged with robbery, break and enter, assault, mischief, theft and breach of probation.
Police are still looking for a second suspect they say was involved in the home robbery.
- Malaysia Airlines jet missing, 2 Canadians among 239 on board
- Shipbuilding memo shows more delays, cost overruns
- Condom piercer loses Supreme Court appeal
- Former Mountie charged with 8 sex assaults against youths
- Inability to enjoy music recognized as a brain condition
- Transgender woman's jail treatment prompts complaints
- Elderly dementia patient slips hospital, takes cab 80 km
- Disabled RCMP vets strike benefits deal with Ottawa
- Air Canada may hike fares, fees due to low dollar
- University of Ottawa prof decries administration 'gutlessness'
John Morris is now just one game away from bringing British Columbia their fifth Canadian men's curling championship, after handing Alberta's Kevin Koe... More John Morris is now just one game away from bringing British Columbia their fifth Canadian men's curling championship, after handing Alberta's Kevin Koe his second loss of the day Friday
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:26, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories