Stratford man charged in home invasion, hotel break in
A 22-year-old Stratford man faces a list charges stemming from two break and enters on the same night, say police.
The RCMP said they were called just before 3 a.m. on Saturday to a home invasion where two men confronted a couple in their 20s and made off with some cash.
On the same night, Mounties were called to a break and enter at the Southport Motel in Stratford.
Police arrested two men at the scene.
Edward Joseph Phalen has been charged with robbery, break and enter, assault, mischief, theft and breach of probation.
Police are still looking for a second suspect they say was involved in the home robbery.
- Snow, ice pellets, freezing rain expected this weekend
- Syria’s civil war spawns deadly barrel bombs, other DIY weapons
- Mohammed Morsi, Egypt's ousted president, referred to 3rd trial
- The trials and triumphs of church clergy at Christmas
- Winter solstice: celebrating the shortest day of the year
- Lockerbie bombing memorials held in Scotland, London
- Supreme Court strikes down Canada's prostitution laws
- BlackBerry stock rises 16% despite $4.4B loss
- Supreme Court prostitution decision: 5 questions
- Government won't buy new $2B armoured vehicles for army
Pope Francis has released a Christmas video message in an attempt to tackle the level of waste in society.
Date 4 hrs ago, Duration 1:26, Views 3915
Date 18 hrs ago 5:02
Tooltip Information:Zack Ward's anti-bullying campaignVideo by:Description: Actor Zack Ward, who played bully Scut Farkus in A Christmas Story, talks about his own anti-bullying campaignRating: 4.59Views: 26380
Date 12 hrs ago 2:05
Tooltip Information:Manitoba reacts to Supreme Court prostitution rulingVideo by:Description: The Supreme Court of Canada has struck down the country’s anti-prostitution laws. Politicians and those who work with sex-trade workers in Winnipeg were quick to react on Friday, coming down on either side of the debate.Rating: 5Views: 15004