2 hurt in truck-train crash near Midale, Sask.
Two people were injured following a crash Thursday involving a pickup truck and train. RCMP
Two people were injured following a crash involving a pickup truck and train on Thursday near Midale, Sask.
RCMP said the crash happened at an uncontrolled rail crossing around noon.
A 22-year-old passenger in the truck was airlifted to hospital in Regina with serious injuries. The other person in the truck, a 25-year-old man who was driving, also had injuries that police said were not life-threatening.
Both are from Estevan.
Police noted the impact of the crash pushed the vehicle within the town's limits from the edge of Midale.
The RCMP said none of the train's cars left the tracks.
- Lee Joon-seok, South Korea ferry captain, faces 5 charges
- Calgary stabbings: Funerals for 3 of 5 victims set for Monday
- Air Canada investigating luggage toss caught on video
- Kevin Martin retires from curling
- Mount Everest avalanche: Search continues for buried Nepalese guides
- Amanda Todd case: Dutch suspect may have targeted other Canadian children
- Ukraine crisis: Pro-Russia militants shrug off Geneva deal
- N.B. officials warn of more flooding due to 35-km-long ice mass
- Anti-Semitic flyers rattle eastern Ukraine's Jewish community: Derek Stoffel
- Share a juicer, your dog or a room in your home? How the sharing economy took off
Habs stifle Lightning to grab 2-0 series lead.
Date 43 mins ago, Duration 1:12, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 5 hrs ago 1:39
Tooltip Information:N.B. floods and ice jamsVideo by:Description: Public safety officials in New Brunswick are warning people to be on alert for more flooding and say ice jams could pose even more problemsRating: 4Views: 452
Date 14-04-17 1:25
Tooltip Information:McDonald's foreign workers call it 'slavery'Video by:Description: Belizian temporary workers docked more pay for rent in corporate apartment than the cost incurred by McDonald'sRating: 3.75Views: 21934