Baby safe after vehicle theft
Police say a baby is in the care of Social Services after a vehicle theft in Saskatoon this afternoon. CBC
A baby is safe and is now in the custody of social services after a vehicle theft that happened on the west side of Saskatoon.
Police were called to the corner of Avenue F and 20th Street on Wednesday shortly before 1 p.m. CST.
Officers spotted and stopped the stolen vehicle several blocks away. Police said the baby was not in the vehicle before it was stolen, and that the child appeared to belong to the two would-be thieves.
A man and a woman were arrested at the scene.
- 3 stolen cars crashed on Highway 1
- Project Yellowbird sees police recover 23 high-end vehicles
- Lantz homeowners awaken to car break-ins, vehicle theft
- Project Yellowbird: Police show off stolen high-end goods worth millions
- Car theft gone wrong on Purcells Cove Road results in flipped car
- Halifax campers recover stolen backpacks after seeing online ad
- Dramatic video of rescue released by Saskatoon police
- Fatal crash prompted Edmonton police to change chase policy
- Youths, 12, 13 and 16, accused in half a dozen break-ins
- Saskatoon police release dramatic video of rescue
A Hamilton teenager who suffers from a rare genetic condition that causes rapid aging, has celebrated his 18th birthday.
Date 31 mins ago, Duration 1:54, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 3 hrs ago 4:59
Tooltip Information:Labour expert on B.C. teachers' strikeVideo by:Description: John Fryer on the stalled negotiations between B.C. Teachers' Federation and the provinceRating: 4Views: 246
Date 14-08-29 1:59
Tooltip Information:Topless toddler at swimming pool ends in scuffleVideo by:Description: Mother of 3-year-old girl says she was tripped by a lifeguard; complaints filed by and against mother.Rating: 3.19Views: 104513
Date 4 hrs ago 2:07
Tooltip Information:B.C. premier's tweets anger teachersVideo by:Description: Series of tweets from Christy Clark has further inflamed already heated negotiations between the province and teachersRating: 1Views: 260