Baby safe after vehicle theft
Police say a baby is in the care of Social Services after a vehicle theft in Saskatoon this afternoon. CBC
A baby is safe and is now in the custody of social services after a vehicle theft that happened on the west side of Saskatoon.
Police were called to the corner of Avenue F and 20th Street on Wednesday shortly before 1 p.m. CST.
Officers spotted and stopped the stolen vehicle several blocks away. Police said the baby was not in the vehicle before it was stolen, and that the child appeared to belong to the two would-be thieves.
A man and a woman were arrested at the scene.
- Ottawa police warn about luxury vehicle thefts
- 70 vehicle break-ins reported in 6 days, Winnipeg police say
- Vehicle break-ins soar in Winnipeg in past week
- Missing Saskatoon boy, 8, found safe
- 2 facing charges after Saskatoon home invasion, stabbings
- 'Scat Rat' race car stolen from Lazer Autobody in Saskatoon
- Crime rates down in Saskatoon, still second highest in Canada
- Police chief to lock up old building, then march in parade to new
- Child killed in truck-bike accident in Saskatoon
- Questions mount for Saskatchewan government in Saskatoon jail bugging
Haiti celebrates the Carnival of Flowers in an explosion of dance, music, costumes and colour. Duration: 00:37
Date 14 mins ago, Duration 0:36, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 2 hrs ago 4:04
Tooltip Information:Team South Africa defeat powerhouse All Blacks for rugby goldVideo by:Description: Four-time Commonwealth Games champions settle for silver.Rating: 4Views: 83
Date 2 hrs ago 5:04
Tooltip Information:Damian Warner shatters men's decathlon 100m recordVideo by:Description: The Canadian impresses with a record time in Glasgow.Rating: 4Views: 232