Baby safe after vehicle theft
Police say a baby is in the care of Social Services after a vehicle theft in Saskatoon this afternoon. CBC
A baby is safe and is now in the custody of social services after a vehicle theft that happened on the west side of Saskatoon.
Police were called to the corner of Avenue F and 20th Street on Wednesday shortly before 1 p.m. CST.
Officers spotted and stopped the stolen vehicle several blocks away. Police said the baby was not in the vehicle before it was stolen, and that the child appeared to belong to the two would-be thieves.
A man and a woman were arrested at the scene.
- 3 stolen cars crashed on Highway 1
- Ottawa police warn about luxury vehicle thefts
- Saskatoon police seek help finding Fred Sejbjerg, 83
- Two seniors missing in Saskatoon, police ask for help
- Armed man, 20, surrenders in hours-long Saskatoon standoff
- Saskatoon police catch driver doing 197 km/h, gets $795 ticket
- Shots fired inside home of Saskatoon standoff
- 2 facing charges after Saskatoon home invasion, stabbings
- Missing Saskatoon boy, 8, found safe
- Saskatoon police continue to surround house
Eighteen Palestinians have been killed and 120 wounded by Israeli strikes across Gaza since the collapse of a temporary truce. Duration: 00:49
Date 58 mins ago, Duration 0:48, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 2 hrs ago 3:54
Tooltip Information:Reaction to American journalist's deathVideo by:Description: U.S. president expected to make a statement today, British PM concerned the ISIS spokesman on the execution video speaks with English accentRating: 4Views: 0
Date 3 hrs ago 2:04
Tooltip Information:Dinosaur egg excavation could yield rare fossilized babiesVideo by:Description: Paleontologists in Alberta say if a nest belonging to duck-billed dinosaurs is found, it would the first in CanadaRating: 4Views: 919