Roughriders FB Graeme Bell retires as Grey Cup champ
Saskatchewan Roughriders fullback Graeme Bell is going out a champ. Peter Mills/CBC
Saskatchewan Roughriders fullback Graeme Bell is going out a champ.
Bell is retiring after winning the Grey Cup with the Roughriders in November.
The 5-11, 230-pound University of Saskatchewan product appeared in 97 regular season games over nine CFL seasons.
Bell signed as a free agent with Winnipeg in 2005 before joining Edmonton in 2009. He was then acquired by Saskatchewan in 2011
The 33-year-old registered 18 career carries for 66 yards and one touchdown while adding seven receptions for 28 yards and two touchdowns.
He also had 60 career special teams tackles.
- James Foley the subject of failed U.S. rescue mission in Syria
- RCMP look into Calgary link with possible Islamic militants
- Justin Trudeau says he wants 170 Liberal MPs in the House
- Neanderthals, humans may have coexisted for thousands of years
- Beautiful aurora photos taken from space
- Billy Crystal tabbed to give Robin Williams tribute at Emmys
- Mohamed Yaffa accuses Air Canada of discrimination because he's Muslim
- Canadian ambassador Andrew Bennett says religious freedom 'violated' in China
- Michael Brown shooting: Eric Holder meets victim's family
- Quebec NDP MP Sana Hassainia defects over Mideast position
Blue Jays bats come back to life in Milwaukee.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:07, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 7 hrs ago 3:54
Tooltip Information:Reaction to American journalist's deathVideo by:Description: U.S. president expected to make a statement today, British PM concerned the ISIS spokesman on the execution video speaks with English accentRating: 4Views: 13447
Date 2 hrs ago 1:03
Tooltip Information:Foul play not suspected in reporter's deathVideo by:Description: Steve Pettibone, sports editor at a Brockville newspaper, was found dead Wednesday after a missing person search.Rating: 4Views: 42
Date 8 hrs ago 2:04
Tooltip Information:Dinosaur egg excavation could yield rare fossilized babiesVideo by:Description: Paleontologists in Alberta say if a nest belonging to duck-billed dinosaurs is found, it would the first in CanadaRating: 4Views: 2801
Date 4 hrs ago 10:41
Tooltip Information:Ferguson looting victim speaksVideo by:Description: Jan Lalani owns a market with his father, established 20 years ago. It is the family's only source of incomeRating: 1Views: 426