Woman dies in collision between motorcycle and deer
A 56-year-old Regina woman died Saturday when the motorcycle she was riding crashed into a deer on Highway 8, 11 kilometres north of Moosomin, Sask.
The woman was a passenger on the bike, riding behind her 57-year-old husband, when they collided with a deer crossing the road at 9 p.m. CST.
First responders and police performed CPR on the woman and STARS air ambulance was called, but she died of her injuries on scene.
Her husband was taken to hospital in Moosomin. There is no word on his condition.
The two were wearing helmets. RCMP do not plan to lay charges.
- New York City buildings collapse: 2 dead, 20 injured
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 search marked by 'confusion'
- Olivia Chow's bid to be Toronto's mayor: 5 key questions
- Highway 401 eastbound lanes near Woodstock closed due to 20-car pileup
- Canadian military involvement in Afghanistan formally ends
- Deep Earth has oceans' worth of water, $10 diamond reveals
- Neil Young's Pono player soars past $800K Kickstarter goal
- Liberal rules may clear path for star candidate Andrew Leslie
- Sochi Paralympics: Corporate sponsorship the ‘last barrier’ for athletes
- Mysterious Windsor Hum gets Ottawa review
Mayor Gregor Robertson and Susan Tatoosh started at midnight
Date 51 mins ago, Duration 2:59, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-03-11 3:11
Tooltip Information:Barack Obama spars with Zach Galifianakis over health careVideo by:Description: U.S. president gets the 'Between Two Ferns' treatmentRating: 4.51Views: 1027620
Date 15 hrs ago 1:25
Tooltip Information:Roof of Winnipeg woman's garage collapses under weight of snowVideo by:Description: A Winnipeg homeowner is urging others to clear snow from the roofs of their homes, after the roof of her garage collapsed under the weight of snow.Rating: 3.5Views: 3878