Glass falls from new downtown Toronto hotel
Glass fell from a new downtown hotel to the sidewalk below early Wednesday afternoon, but no one was injured.
There were no injuries reported at the Shangri-La luxury hotel, which opened last year.
Adelaide Street was closed at Simcoe Street, but has since re-opened.
Falling glass has become a semi-regular occurrence in the downtown core.
In the last 12 months alone, glass has fallen from various buildings, including the RBC Centre, the Trump Tower and the Festival Tower condominiums at the TIFF Bell Lightbox.
- Calgary stabbing suspect's father speaks of 'unconditional love' for son
- Amanda Todd bullying leads to arrest in Netherlands: report
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel-winning author, dead at 87
- TSX closes at highest level since 2008
- Calgary stabbing suspect Matthew de Grood's texts being investigated
- Court of Appeal upholds landmark ruling on rights of Métis
- Canada to send 6 CF-18s for NATO operation in Eastern Europe
- Earth-sized planet found in star's habitable zone
- Facebook launches 'Nearby Friends' location-sharing
- F-35 rivals report done as cabinet considers fighter jet options
The White Army militia has taken up arms alongside South Sudan’s former vice-president Riek Machar who has been waging a four-month conflict to unseat ... More The White Army militia has taken up arms alongside South Sudan’s former vice-president Riek Machar who has been waging a four-month conflict to unseat President Salva Kiir. Duration: 00:52
Date 14 mins ago, Duration 0:51, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 9 hrs ago 1:25
Tooltip Information:McDonald's foreign workers call it 'slavery'Video by:Description: Belizian temporary workers docked more pay for rent in corporate apartment than the cost incurred by McDonald'sRating: 3.72Views: 17394
Date 14-04-15 1:19
Tooltip Information:RAW: Calf rescued in flood waterVideo by:Description: Video taken from Tammy McLean of a one-month-old calf trying to swim to shore in western New BrunswickRating: 2.83Views: 21843