Glass falls from new downtown Toronto hotel
Glass fell from a new downtown hotel to the sidewalk below early Wednesday afternoon, but no one was injured.
There were no injuries reported at the Shangri-La luxury hotel, which opened last year.
Adelaide Street was closed at Simcoe Street, but has since re-opened.
Falling glass has become a semi-regular occurrence in the downtown core.
In the last 12 months alone, glass has fallen from various buildings, including the RBC Centre, the Trump Tower and the Festival Tower condominiums at the TIFF Bell Lightbox.
- Police responding to report of shooting at Colorado high school
- Personal debt ratio hits record high of 163.7%
- Transport Canada searches Irving offices in Lac-Mégantic probe
- Georges St-Pierre surrenders UFC title
- Jacques Corriveau charged with fraud in sponsorship scandal
- North Korea's Jang Song Thaek executed, sparking purge fears
- Australia incest case outlined in child welfare judgment
- John Wise gets 6 years for shooting wife to death in hospital bed
- Kids forced to shoplift, threatened with death, police say
- Daniel Dale says his legal action targets Rob Ford 'lies'
Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu visited Greece on Friday to meet counterpart Evangelos Venizelos, after Turkey said a resumption of stalled ta... More Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu visited Greece on Friday to meet counterpart Evangelos Venizelos, after Turkey said a resumption of stalled talks over divided Cyprus were "imminent". Duration: 00:55
Date 15 mins ago, Duration 0:54, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 13-12-11 0:37
Tooltip Information:Michigan Stadium transforms into an ice rinkVideo by:Description: Timelapse of The Big House as it morphs into an NHL rink for the Winter Classic on New Years Day where the Maples Leafs will face off against the Red Wings.Rating: 2.83Views: 17500