Glass falls from new downtown Toronto hotel
Glass fell from a new downtown hotel to the sidewalk below early Wednesday afternoon, but no one was injured.
There were no injuries reported at the Shangri-La luxury hotel, which opened last year.
Adelaide Street was closed at Simcoe Street, but has since re-opened.
Falling glass has become a semi-regular occurrence in the downtown core.
In the last 12 months alone, glass has fallen from various buildings, including the RBC Centre, the Trump Tower and the Festival Tower condominiums at the TIFF Bell Lightbox.
- Wear it well: Time to establish Google Glass etiquette
- Seeing the future: My first hours with Google Glass
- Major Quebec glass processing plant shutting down
- Terrific treehouses
- Glass condos revealed for new downtown apartment complex
- Picture Day showcases "agile" Tatiana Maslany
- TIFF taps Athens for City to City spotlight
- TIFF City to City program to focus on Athens
- Director Eli Roth turns actor in bloody Aftershock
CGA Vice President discusses why Canadians live paycheque to paycheque
Date 13-05-23, Duration 4:24, Views 1194
Video by: CBC - Business
Date 13-05-22 0:18
Tooltip Information:London attack (Graphic content)Video by:Description: A man with bloodied hands and holding a cleaver speaks to a video camera near a London military barracks where one person was killed.Rating: 2.48Views: 60101
Date 13-05-25 1:55
Tooltip Information:Violent attack in Huntington HillsVideo by:Description: Details have yet to emerge about a violent altercation in N.E. Calgary that killed one person and sent another to hospital.Rating: 1Views: 12458