Man shot in the head at north Toronto apartment
A man in his late 20s has been rushed to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries after he was shot in the head and shoulder earlier tonight, police say.
Toronto EMS were dispatched to apartment complex on Forest Manor Road, near Don Mills Road and Sheppard Avenue, just before 7:30 p.m. ET.
Homicide Det. Mark Charuk held a news conference at 10 p.m. and confirmed the man was in surgery but couldn't provide an update on his condition.
Police tape was stretched across the entrance to an underground parking garage at the complex as officers canvassed the scene.
A witness told CBC News he found the unidentified victim lying on the floor in the garage bleeding heavily.
Charuk said a weapon hadn't been recovered and investigators were reviewing security camera footage for suspect information.
- Storm hits Central, Atlantic Canada on busy travel weekend
- Supreme Court prostitution ruling forces issue on Harper
- CSIS slammed for end-running law to snoop on Canadians abroad
- Winter solstice: celebrating the shortest day of the year
- Syria’s civil war spawns deadly barrel bombs, other DIY weapons
- Medical marijuana users concerned over prices as Canada's market expands
- NASA astronauts finish spacewalk after repairs
- Avalanche victim identified as 29-year-old Alberta man
- The trials and triumphs of church clergy at Christmas
- Winning Lotto Max ticket sold in Edmonton
A musical montage set to "Carol of the Bells" by the Tenor Bass Choir from Saint Michael’s Choir School in Toronto.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:57, Views 5407
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 2 hrs ago 1:57
Tooltip Information:Hockey Night Opening Tease: Dec 21Video by:Description: A musical montage set to "Carol of the Bells" by the Tenor Bass Choir from Saint Michael’s Choir School in Toronto.Rating: 4Views: 5407