Man shot in the head at north Toronto apartment
A man in his late 20s has been rushed to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries after he was shot in the head and shoulder earlier tonight, police say.
Toronto EMS were dispatched to apartment complex on Forest Manor Road, near Don Mills Road and Sheppard Avenue, just before 7:30 p.m. ET.
Homicide Det. Mark Charuk held a news conference at 10 p.m. and confirmed the man was in surgery but couldn't provide an update on his condition.
Police tape was stretched across the entrance to an underground parking garage at the complex as officers canvassed the scene.
A witness told CBC News he found the unidentified victim lying on the floor in the garage bleeding heavily.
Charuk said a weapon hadn't been recovered and investigators were reviewing security camera footage for suspect information.
- Malaysia Airlines jet search widens as stolen passports probed
- George Stroumboulopoulos to host Hockey Night in Canada next season
- Months-long moving saga ends happily for Canadian couple
- Rich Peverley collapses on bench during game vs. Blue Jackets
- Colorado gets high on pot revenue, marijuana tourists
- Joe McGinniss, Fatal Vision author, dies at age 71
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: 'Mystery compounded by mystery'
- GTA home prices tell tale of 2 cities: condos vs. family homes
- Pierre Karl Péladeau wants to hang on to Quebecor holdings despite political run
- Coach John Lagimodiere says he was a 'doorknob' to yell at ref
Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall shares his list of dream jobs for a life after politics.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 0:41, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 3 hrs ago 2:13
Tooltip Information:Safety whips focus of Sherwood Park companyVideo by:Description: Shelly Anderson of Naoka is one of 1,700 aboriginal business owners in the Edmonton areaRating: 4Views: 216717