Man shot in the head at north Toronto apartment
A man in his late 20s has been rushed to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries after he was shot in the head and shoulder earlier tonight, police say.
Toronto EMS were dispatched to apartment complex on Forest Manor Road, near Don Mills Road and Sheppard Avenue, just before 7:30 p.m. ET.
Homicide Det. Mark Charuk held a news conference at 10 p.m. and confirmed the man was in surgery but couldn't provide an update on his condition.
Police tape was stretched across the entrance to an underground parking garage at the complex as officers canvassed the scene.
A witness told CBC News he found the unidentified victim lying on the floor in the garage bleeding heavily.
Charuk said a weapon hadn't been recovered and investigators were reviewing security camera footage for suspect information.
- Hamas arsenal suggests 'apocalyptic' scenario: Israeli official
- B.C. weather: thunderstorms, flooding hit Kelowna, Kamloops
- Sears Canada, Reitmans & Indigo face battle for survival
- Mike Duffy has not acknowledged paternity of Karen Duffy
- Tyrannosaurs prowled in packs, B.C. tracks show
- Canada Revenue could ask charities for donor lists
- Joseph Rudolph Wood execution: Inmate dies 2 hours after lethal injection
- Su Bin, accused by FBI of hacking, denied bail in Vancouver
- Gaza conflict: Air Canada, FAA extend Tel Aviv flight ban
- Gun owners may face less red tape, new responsibilities under proposed law
The leader of Pro-Russian rebels in eastern Ukraine, Alexander Borodai, has admitted contacts with Russian security services.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 7:18, Views 0
Date 4 hrs ago 1:29
Tooltip Information:Susan Boyle has slight stumble with Mull of KintyreVideo by:Description: Singer seems to forget the opening line to the song then recovers to finish strong.Rating: 4Views: 124