Police investigating rat poison find in High Park
Dog owners are being asked to be careful after rat poison was found in High Park.
Dog owners and parents of small children are being warned to take extra precautions as police investigate reports of rat poison being found in High Park.
Police said Thursday that they were looking into an incident where a woman, who was in the park on Tuesday evening, was handed a packet of rat poison by another woman.
The incident happened at about 7:30 p.m. near Colborne Lodge Drive and Hillside Road.
The woman who was handed the package reported it to police.
The poison "was intact, and contained in its retail packaging," police said in a news release.
There have not been any reports of dogs or children becoming ill — but police say they are asking people in the park "to be vigilant, especially if they are accompanying young children or pets."
"Should anyone find any other suspicious material, do not touch [or] handle it. Maintain sight of it and notify police immediately," the news release said.
- Derailed CN freight car hits Via Rail train near Gananoque
- Tory MP Eve Adams quits bitter nomination race, cites health
- Legendary Ojibwa sniper unsung hero of WW I
- Obama calls for release of Hadar Goldin, captured Israeli soldier
- 'Doug Ford is lying,' Toronto police chief says, threatening lawsuit
- Burlington Skyway closed all weekend as engineers assess damage
- Chief's $1M pay 'not reasonable,' Bernard Valcourt says
- Polar bear wins tug of war with Nunavut man over beluga
- Yvon Lambert appeals to public after losing 1976 Stanley Cup ring
- Huge waves detected in Arctic waters for 1st time
Indiana Pacers forward suffers gruesome injury during Team USA scrimmage.
Date 46 mins ago, Duration 0:49, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 1 hr ago 0:49
Tooltip Information:Pacers' Paul George suffers gruesome serious leg injuryVideo by:Description: Indiana Pacers forward suffers gruesome injury during Team USA scrimmage.Rating: 4Views: 0