Firefighters romp for reptile in Calgary home
CALGARY - A Calgary man who recently returned from a trip to India has brought back a slithery souvenir he was not counting on.
Firefighters were called to the man's southwest-area home after he discovered a half-metre long snake crawling on his carpet.
Emergency officials say he had been unpacking his luggage over the last two days, but did not discover the brown-coloured serpent until he got home from work late Thursday.
The man had no idea whether he was dealing with a venomous or non-venomous reptile and immediately called 911.
Both firefighters and an animal control company that was called in to help searched the residence for four hours, but couldn't locate the snake.
The company will continue to search the home and has set traps for the reptile.
French lawmakers on Wednesday approved a controversial bill that will make the clients of prostitutes liable for fines starting at 1,500 euros Exceptio... More French lawmakers on Wednesday approved a controversial bill that will make the clients of prostitutes liable for fines starting at 1,500 euros Exception : '$2,000' has an invalid token.. Duration: 0:41
Date 18 mins ago, Duration 0:41, Views 0