Groin injury forces Iginla to the sidelines
CALGARY - Jarome Iginla missed the first day of training camp with the Calgary Flames with a groin injury.
The Calgary captain watched from the owners' box, while the rest of his teammates took to the ice to practise at the Scotiabank Saddledome.
Calgary general manager Jay Feaster says Iginla was held out for precautionary reasons, and that he's not concerned about the severity of the injury.
Forward Roman Cervenka and defenceman Anton Babchuk also missed the first day of training camp with the Flames.
Cervenka is still on anti-coagulant medication after developing blood clots while playing in Russia.
Babchuk suffered a shoulder injury while playing in Russia's KHL and Feaster said he expects him to be sidelined for three weeks.
- Wynne slams Harper over missing, murdered aboriginal women comments
- U.S. condemns Russian aid convoy into Ukraine, threatens more sanctions
- Alfred Vuozzo, homicide victims had family links to fatal crash
- Car crashes through Oshawa family's living room, bursts into flames
- Gun smuggling charges for Markel Chiles, former U.S. judge
- Stephen Harper concerned by Russia's growing military presence in Arctic
- Saskatchewan considered separation, Roy Romanow reveals
- Ebola outbreak widens as death toll rises to 1,427
- Naomi Lewis's 'my big Jewish nose' essay sparks controversy
- Leonardo DiCaprio visits Alberta's oilsands
Andrey Grebenshchikov, second secretary at the Russian Embassy in Ottawa, discusses convoy
Date 50 mins ago, Duration 9:49, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 12 hrs ago 2:12
Tooltip Information:Hiker rescued days after fleeing bear in treeVideo by:Description: Julien Landry in stable condition in a Kelowna, B.C., hospital after concussion, injured and alone in the forest after a wild encounterRating: 3.14Views: 19826
Date 14-08-21 1:58
Tooltip Information:Dementia victim takes her life after right-to-die pleaVideo by:Description: Gillian Bennett, 84, feared becoming burden on her family after dementia diagnosisRating: 2.88Views: 37060