Groin injury forces Iginla to the sidelines
CALGARY - Jarome Iginla missed the first day of training camp with the Calgary Flames with a groin injury.
The Calgary captain watched from the owners' box, while the rest of his teammates took to the ice to practise at the Scotiabank Saddledome.
Calgary general manager Jay Feaster says Iginla was held out for precautionary reasons, and that he's not concerned about the severity of the injury.
Forward Roman Cervenka and defenceman Anton Babchuk also missed the first day of training camp with the Flames.
Cervenka is still on anti-coagulant medication after developing blood clots while playing in Russia.
Babchuk suffered a shoulder injury while playing in Russia's KHL and Feaster said he expects him to be sidelined for three weeks.
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017 crash: Plane 'disintegrated,' French officials say
- Beverley McLachlin, chief justice, deserves apology from PM, international jurists say
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017: Quebec's Burkina Faso community mourns
- Hamilton woman barred from boarding cruise ship because she was pregnant
- Gaza suburbs in rubble as Israeli bombardment continues
- Gaza conflict: Israel agrees to 12-hour ceasefire
- Ukraine crisis: Russia firing artillery at Ukraine troops, U.S. says
- E-cigarette market on fire while scientists wage heated debate
- Toronto Ford Fest draws big crowd and LGBT protest
- Ali Shahi charged after Sunwing plane makes emergency landing in Toronto
Blue Jays lose 17th straight at Yankee stadium.
Date 6 hrs ago, Duration 2:09, Views 47
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 5 hrs ago 1:07
Tooltip Information:Graham DeLaet fires course record at Canadian OpenVideo by:Description: Canadian is tied for 3rd place, 2 shots behind leaders Furyk and Petrovic.Rating: 4Views: 86