Groin injury forces Iginla to the sidelines
CALGARY - Jarome Iginla missed the first day of training camp with the Calgary Flames with a groin injury.
The Calgary captain watched from the owners' box, while the rest of his teammates took to the ice to practise at the Scotiabank Saddledome.
Calgary general manager Jay Feaster says Iginla was held out for precautionary reasons, and that he's not concerned about the severity of the injury.
Forward Roman Cervenka and defenceman Anton Babchuk also missed the first day of training camp with the Flames.
Cervenka is still on anti-coagulant medication after developing blood clots while playing in Russia.
Babchuk suffered a shoulder injury while playing in Russia's KHL and Feaster said he expects him to be sidelined for three weeks.
- South Korea ferry: 4 crew members detained
- Calgary stabbings: Zackariah Rathwell's family breaks silence
- Ukraine crisis: Russia, Ukraine trade blame for deadly gun attack
- Queen Elizabeth releases grinning portrait for 88th birthday
- Mounties on medical, stress leave fear new dismissal process
- Mount Everest jump cancelled after deadly avalanche
- Malaysia Airlines MH370: Families want proof with financial help
- Pro-marijuana protesters hit Parliament Hill
- Why doesn't Easter have a fixed date?
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76
The Habs take a commanding 3-0 lead in the series with the win at home.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:47, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76Video by:Description: Former professional boxer and long-time advocate for the wrongly convicted died Sunday in TorontoRating: 3.7Views: 18689
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3.1Views: 9718