Jets coach says goaltending, injuries are key
WINNIPEG - Head coach Claude Noel said goaltending and managing injuries will be the Winnipeg Jets key to success in the lockout shortened season.
Winnipeg has a new backup goaltender — Al Montoya — behind starter Ondrej Pavelec.
Noel says he can't say how much either will play right now.
He spoke after an open practice where about 5,000 fans showed up to watch the start of the Jets' training camp.
Forward Blake Wheeler said it was great to see so many fans come out for the practice
The Jets are also looking at some prospects from their farm team, in particular on defence.
- Canada Post stops selling permanent stamps
- Mandela 'fake' interpreter Thamsanqa Jantjie: I was hallucinating
- Alberta dinosaur's head adorned with fleshy comb
- Ex-PM John Diefenbaker sired 2 boys, families believe
- Air Canada plane catches fire en route to Vancouver
- Gay rights push will press on despite 'disappointing' setbacks
- Jay Feaster fired as GM of Flames
- Fort Chipewyan Métis launch $3B dam lawsuit
- 12 Years a Slave, American Hustle lead Golden Globes race
- Justin Trudeau defends performance as 2013 draws to close
Up to 14,000 people viewed Nelson Mandela's body on the first day of his lying in state, the government said Thursday, announcing that shuttle services... More Up to 14,000 people viewed Nelson Mandela's body on the first day of his lying in state, the government said Thursday, announcing that shuttle services for the second day had reached capacity.
Date 20 mins ago, Duration 1:58, Views 2
Video by: AFP
Date 13-12-11 0:37
Tooltip Information:Michigan Stadium transforms into an ice rinkVideo by:Description: Timelapse of The Big House as it morphs into an NHL rink for the Winter Classic on New Years Day where the Maples Leafs will face off against the Red Wings.Rating: 3Views: 4517