Tree falls on ski lift in Sochi, 75 evacuated
MOSCOW - A fallen tree has shut down a ski lift in a Sochi resort that will carry skiers taking part in the 2014 Winter Olympics.
Russian emergency services say no one was hurt and 75 people were safely evacuated from the cable cars at the Rosa Khutor resort.
The emergency services say the ski lift was shut down at 5:30 p.m. local time Sunday and it took rescuers nearly two hours to evacuate all 75 stranded passengers.
Rosa Khutor is set to host several Olympic test events in the coming weeks.
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Crash cause coverup likely impossible
- TIFF 2014: Films, stars at 39th annual event to be unveiled today
- Omar Khadr case: CBC and other media seek access for interview
- Beef's environmental costs called exceptionally high
- Detroit bankruptcy: Retirees vote in favour of pension cuts
- Mike Duffy charged Senate to attend personal funerals, RCMP say
- Grizzly bear 'highway' uncovered in B.C. rainforest
- Indonesia election: Joko Widodo wins narrow victory
- The International 4: DOTA 2 winners Team Newbee crowned
- Indonesia election: Prabowo Subianto loses, angrily rejects process
Indonesia's next president faces challenges including cutting the country's controversial fuel subsidies.
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 1:03, Views 51
Date 14-07-21 2:11
Tooltip Information:Eviction notice served to City of VancouverVideo by:Description: First Nation supporters of a homeless camp at Oppenheimer Park say the city can't evict themRating: 3.75Views: 7191
Date 14-07-20 2:52
Tooltip Information:21-year-old found dead at music festivalVideo by:Description: Homicide investigators say Regina resident Nick Phongsavath was found dead in his tent Friday.Rating: 3Views: 6065