Tree falls on ski lift in Sochi, 75 evacuated
MOSCOW - A fallen tree has shut down a ski lift in a Sochi resort that will carry skiers taking part in the 2014 Winter Olympics.
Russian emergency services say no one was hurt and 75 people were safely evacuated from the cable cars at the Rosa Khutor resort.
The emergency services say the ski lift was shut down at 5:30 p.m. local time Sunday and it took rescuers nearly two hours to evacuate all 75 stranded passengers.
Rosa Khutor is set to host several Olympic test events in the coming weeks.
- B.C. teachers' strike: Premier on tentative 6-year deal
- Cody Legebokoff sentenced to life on 4 counts of 1st-degree murder
- Boeing, SpaceX to provide new ride to International Space Station
- Ebola outbreak 'spiralling out of control': Barack Obama
- Stephen Harper confirms 69 advisers to Iraq as MPs set to debate mission
- John Baird announces more sanctions against Russia
- N.L. mom reunited with Alberta son she thought was dead
- Temporary foreign worker applications drop 74% since new reforms
- Tony Lacavera and West Face buy Wind Mobile from VimpelCom
- Home Depot credit card security breach could cost $3B
Zimbabwean's veteran president Robert Mugabe voiced his support for Russia, describing Western sanctions against Moscow as "illegal." Duration: 00:42
Date 21 mins ago, Duration 0:42, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 12 hrs ago 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 5Views: 1473
Date 5 hrs ago 3:26
Tooltip Information:Andrew Allan meets birth mother Marion CoombsVideo by:Description: Andrew Allan tracked down Marion Coombs who was told he was dead after he was born and she had wanted to put him up for adoptionRating: 5Views: 490
Date 2 hrs ago 2:22
Tooltip Information:Jamila Bibi risks stoning if deported to Pakistan: lawyerVideo by:Description: UN Office of Human Rights still looking at deportation caseRating: 4Views: 167