Tree falls on ski lift in Sochi, 75 evacuated
MOSCOW - A fallen tree has shut down a ski lift in a Sochi resort that will carry skiers taking part in the 2014 Winter Olympics.
Russian emergency services say no one was hurt and 75 people were safely evacuated from the cable cars at the Rosa Khutor resort.
The emergency services say the ski lift was shut down at 5:30 p.m. local time Sunday and it took rescuers nearly two hours to evacuate all 75 stranded passengers.
Rosa Khutor is set to host several Olympic test events in the coming weeks.
- Russian oligarchs foot most of 2014 Sochi Olympics
- Putin sure Sochi Games prep will be completed
- Skiers trying to focus on upcoming season
- Channel 10 wins Australian TV rights for Sochi
- Canadian alpine ski team looking for an edge
- NHL confident players will go to Sochi Olympics
- NHL closer to getting its players to Sochi
- Olympic summit prepares Canadian athletes for Sochi
- Business Highlights
- Kucera hopes to put injuries behind him
A massive tornado tosses debris in Dale, Okla.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 2:03, Views 472
Video by: CBC - Top Stories