Tree falls on ski lift in Sochi, 75 evacuated
MOSCOW - A fallen tree has shut down a ski lift in a Sochi resort that will carry skiers taking part in the 2014 Winter Olympics.
Russian emergency services say no one was hurt and 75 people were safely evacuated from the cable cars at the Rosa Khutor resort.
The emergency services say the ski lift was shut down at 5:30 p.m. local time Sunday and it took rescuers nearly two hours to evacuate all 75 stranded passengers.
Rosa Khutor is set to host several Olympic test events in the coming weeks.
- McDonald's foreign worker practices halted in face of investigation
- B.C. earthquake: 6.7 magnitude quake hits near Port Alice, B.C.
- Rehtaeh Parsons suspects' lawyers want Crown to testify
- Weyburn restaurant defends staffing moves and use of foreign temps
- New study picks the best Canadian cities for women
- Abbotsford police shoot mentally ill man with rubber bullets
- Gas price jump 'doesn't make sense'
- Explosion at Mississauga warehouse injures 4 firefighters
- Canada gets Happy with Pharrell Williams dance videos
- New York police face backlash for #myNYPD photo campaign
Health officials hope more people will seek vaccination
Date 56 mins ago, Duration 2:01, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 9 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Ron MacLean's apology on Quebec refsVideo by:Description: Hockey Night In Canada commentator tries to extricate himself from hot water after comments about the impartiality of French-Canadian referees assigned to Montreal Canadiens playoff gamesRating: 3.3Views: 10660
Date 5 hrs ago 2:09
Tooltip Information:Criminal charges coming after Winnipeg hockey fightVideo by:Description: Police say charges are pending against three people involved in an on-ice brawl at a hockey tournament in Winnipeg.Rating: 3.5Views: 707
Date 14-04-22 3:08
Tooltip Information:CBC reporter helps reconnect familyVideo by:Description: CBC's Neil Herland helped Perry Wilson reunite with his sister and brother after 20 years apart.Rating: 3.86Views: 14294