1st YouTube Music Awards to feature Lady Gaga, Arcade Fire
Lady Gaga, seen at the MTV Video Music Awards in August, will be among the performers at the first-ever YouTube Music Awards. John Shearer/MTV/The Associated Press
YouTube is launching its own music awards and Lady Gaga will perform at the first-time event.
The Google Inc.-owned company announced Tuesday that Eminem and Arcade Fire will also perform at the YouTube Music Awards on Nov. 3.
The awards will be presented at Pier 36 in New York City and will stream live online.
The announcement said the awards show will honour "artists and songs that YouTube fans have turned into global hits over the past year."
Nominees will be announced Oct. 17.
American actor Jason Schwartzman will host the YouTube Music Awards. A press release said the awards show will also feature events from Seoul, South Korea; Moscow; London; and Brazil.
- Northern Gateway pipeline project: 6 things to know
- Rob Ford apologizes again, Daniel Dale drops lawsuit
- Why A Christmas Story bully Scut Farkus wants to stop bullying
- Kingston fire shows need for crane operator rescue plan
- Dustin Paxton dangerous offender ruling expected today
- Putin: Russia's $15B Ukraine bailout not linked to EU talks
- Chinese cartoon producer partly responsible after kids burned
- Canada Post's Deepak Chopra says seniors want exercise from picking up mail
- Orlando the guide dog leaps onto NYC subway tracks to save owner
- Northern Gateway pipeline review to be released Thursday
Senators fall short against Devils.
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 0:59, Views 1082
Video by: CBC - Top Stories